This is a high-profile initiative and business-critical role given the importance of developing innovative products for future growth and continued success. There will be a strong emphasis on working with a number of business areas within the business, in particular, Product Development to help set and deliver the agenda for future product growth.
Product Strategy and Development
- Helping the Head of Product to manage and oversee the development of Product Strategy.
- Ensure product proposals and recommendations for new products are produced to a high standard.
- Manage Product Developments assigned to you from a company perspective linking together internal departments.
- Regularly review existing products - regular monitoring of the performance, AUM and sales flows etc
- Ensure reports are prepared and presented to relevant Fund Providers and Boards as required.
- Oversee the review and any implementation of minor amendments to new funds / products.
- Develop and manage the product development for the alternative/hedge fund product range, particular focus on Alternatives / Private Markets
- Design, assess, secure seeding, ensure client suitability and recommend viable new product through a formal proposal to the Product Committees and sponsor a successful launch.
- Support global business development of new distribution channels through new products.
- Interact with key representatives around the business to stimulate and capture product ideas and product issues.
- Create frameworks around innovation and new product development to regularly engage and gain support from within the company
- Strong experience in Product Development within an asset manager
- Product strategy experience is a plus
- Knowledge of hedge funds and/or private markets product structures are required
- Strong project management skills