Who we're looking for
As a Product Executive you will be responsible for supporting the Product Managers in the Real Estate Product and Client Management team who are located in London, Frankfurt and Hong Kong.
This position will suit somebody who is well-organised and capable of multi-tasking as you will be running multiple small projects simultaneously involving both people within the team as well as other members of the global real estate team and Schroders' salespeople around the world. Teamwork and good communication skills are essential characteristics.
Many of the tasks will be relatively time-critical and so prioritisation and a willingness to seek guidance to meet deadlines will be important.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain considerable experience of all types of mainstream & alternative real estate sectors, the investment vehicles in which they are 'wrapped' and the process of building and maintaining relationships with all types of investors on a global basis as the team develops new funds/products to bring to market, prepares marketing materials, coordinates sales campaigns and ultimately on-boards and services investors when they become clients. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role. The team
The Real Estate Product & Client Management team comprises c.10 people based in London, Frankfurt and Hong Kong who are collectively responsible for the product management and coordination of the marketing & distribution of all the funds, separate accounts, joint ventures and direct/co-investments of Schroders Real Estate Investment Management Ltd ('SREIM'). We work with our colleagues in the RE investment teams and with our sales colleagues globally to develop RE solutions for our clients.
Due to continued growth in AUM and anticipated new fund launches associated with the acquisition of several new RE businesses including, most recently, Pamfleet, a specialised value-add manager based in Hong Kong & Singapore, and the establishment of a new UK &European RE Debt capability, we now need another Executive within the RE Capital team to support that growth.
SREIM currently manages over £16bn in real estate AUM and directly or indirectly employs c. 200 people globally. The vast majority of the capital & people are based in Europe with c.45% in the UK, 45% in Continental Europe and 10% in Asia. As far as possible we undertake our own in-house asset management as we strive to get as close as possible to the asset. In the last year we have been raising specialist funds focused on thematics such as retirement living, hotels and social supported housing What you'll do
Opportunity to work across an established and growing range of UK and European real estate products
• Client engagement and reporting:
• Input on client development business plans
• Answer investor queries on existing product suite
• Regular and bespoke client reporting across a broad range of vehicles, liaising with investment and research teams
• Maintenance of fund data banks
• Facilitation of audit requests
• Preparation and updates of RfPs
• Produce investor research and competitor analysis
• Preparation of pitchbooks and client presentations
• Maintenance of client relationship management system (Salesforce), and client lists
• Maintenance of marketing databanks for the Schroder Real Estate platform for internal teams and external providers
• Compliance clearance for marketing documents
• Facilitation of investor events, including materials and investor communications for webinars and seminars
• Assistance with trading administration The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Good quality university degree and A levels
• Ideally 1-2 years' experience within a client service or product management team in an asset management business
• Keen interest in private assets - and particularly real estate - investment markets
• Good verbal communication skills and ability to form good working relationships internally with colleagues in relevant teams as well as with third-party service providers and investors The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Excellent written skills for client communication and drafting of marketing materials
• Sound financial understanding and basic modelling skills What you'll be like
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Good at working in a team, and with other internal Schroder teams to service clients
• A really good communicator - good written English skills
• Flexible, curious and willing to learn, with a strong work ethic
• Self-motivated and demonstrate initiative
• Organised, able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.