Product Executive - 12 month fixed term contract
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Product Executive to join our Multi-Asset Product team. This role is for a contractor to cover maternity leave.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 6,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
Multi-Asset is seen as a key element of Schroders' strategy for growth. The Product Management team is part of the investment team, taking responsibility for managing the business of Multi-Asset, allowing the portfolio managers to focus on investing. It provides a bridge between the investment team and distribution (the client-facing part of the business) helping to support and grow Multi-Asset profitability. The team is also the main point of contact with the sales, marketing and product development teams within Schroders. The team is involved in a wide range of activities that includes client reporting and servicing, new pitches, developing new products and being the experts to whom the rest of Schroders will revert to for enquiries on the products and services of Multi-Asset.
What you'll do
You will be responsible for working alongside the Associate Investment Director to assist on all aspects of product management for our Multi-Asset Income business, including the Global Multi-Asset Income, Multi-Asset Growth & Income, Emerging Multi-Asset Income and Sustainable Multi-Asset Income strategies.
The primary responsibilities focus on:
Product and Client Support
• Product material - Ensure all regular Multi-Asset Income product presentations and fund updates are produced for distribution to sales channels, and creating new product content as required.
• Client reports and review presentations - Provide regular updates on market and portfolio performance, as well as portfolio investment strategy, for distribution to existing clients.
• Reporting data - using our internal systems and tools to produce timely and accurate data that feeds into client materials. Identifying opportunities to further automate processes where possible.
• Ad hoc reporting - Support sales and client service teams in responding to client queries etc.
New Business Development
• RFP ownership - Ensure RFPs are completed to a high standard and tailored to answer client questions.
• Client Pitches - Assist in the development and production of presentations for client pitches.
• Business strategy support - Maintain and analyse AUM, fund flows and competitor analysis relating to the Multi-Asset Income strategies.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Previous experience and a strong interest in financial markets, and the asset management industry
• RFP experience
• Microsoft Office essential, including competency in Word and Powerpoint
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Advanced Excel, and experience with VBA is highly desirable
• Knowledge of systems such as Refinitiv/Thomson Reuters Datastream, Aladdin, Lipper and Morningstar would be an advantage
• CFA Charterholder (or equivalent) or willingness to progress towards CFA designation (or equivalent)
What you'll be like
• Excellent attention to detail, numeric and highly analytical
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Creative thinker and writer, able to articulate portfolio strategy in engaging commentary
• Ability to build strong relationships with the Investment team, Product team and Distribution
• Ability to work on own initiative, managing deadlines and prioritising
• Proactive approach to tasks and ability to anticipate needs from around the business and organise work accordingly
• Team player
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.