At Royal London we want to attract the best talent to help us achieve our vision of becoming the most trusted and recommended financial company in the UK. We are the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK. Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies, managing assets on behalf of a wide range of clients.
Our experienced team of investment specialists manages around £139 billion of assets (as at 31.12.2019), investing across all major asset classes. Our funds are aimed at meeting a broad range of investor needs, in addition we provide bespoke solutions to meet specific objectives.
RLAM was established in 1988 and is a wholly owned and central part of the Royal London Group. Since our inception we have built a reputation as an innovative, high performing fund manager. Our track record and exceptional client service have been recognised with a number of awards. We are proud of the people we employ, the performance we have delivered and the wide-ranging group of clients we manage for.
The Proposition Team, which sits within RLAM’s Distribution division, is centre stage in helping drive the next phase of RLAM’s growth and plays a critical role in ensuring that our range of products continue to meet the needs of clients and investors – and the team is now positioning itself to ensure it has the right structure, talent, skills and capabilities to continue to support the ambitions of the business.
- Deliver management and governance across all fund ranges, to include annual fund reviews and value assessment, updates to regulatory/fund documentation, board support, fund registration and listing, fund maintenance, and product reporting,
- Respond to all daily tactical issues related to products based on a solid understanding of the investment strategies, fund structures and regulatory requirements
- Ensure appropriate coordination with all relevant internal and external stakeholders globally (Product Development, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Board, Custodian and Fund Administrator, etc) and escalate where appropriate
- Manage routine changes to existing products and participate in regulatory change projects related to existing products
- Provide commercial guidance and technical support on the development of new products aligned to the current and evolving regulations
- Follow established product governance procedures and policy, including any supporting documents and/or approvals, in order to contribute to our objective of positioning ourselves at the forefront of best practice and governance.
- Take responsibility for procedures in own area
- To be an active member of the RLAM proposition team
- Know and apply product governance process with investors needs at heart (fit with RL Customer Value Statements), including TCF, Conduct and customer outcomes, as related to both RLAM’s clients and RL Group customers
- Meet the personal objectives set by the Company
Skills and Experience
- Strong product governance/management or development experience in asset management.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills – ability to manage multiple projects
- Have the ability to work effectively with key internal partners and establish sound personal working relationships
- Be able to communicate in an effective manner and provide a professional level of information within the business
- Good analytical skills and confidence with numerical data.
- Ensure all clients are treated in clear and consistent manger with adherence to TCF/Conduct principles.
- Knowledge of product structures, in particular UCITS domiciled within UK and Ireland, and key product documentation
- Strong understanding of investment products, including familiarity with various asset/fund types: equity, fixed income, property, cash, multi-asset, derivatives
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of regulatory environment and authorised funds, including UCITS, COB, COLL.
University degree. IMC/IAQ or similar investment qualification preferred
Project management experience
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits
- such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.