Product Governance Manager Large Investment Management Company 3 month initial contract London based
The Product Governance (PG) team is an integral part of the Wholesale Product department. The PG team is primarily responsible for:
- Managing strategically the legal fund documentation and regulatory approval process of a range of investment funds (UCITS and non-UCITS primarily domiciled in Luxembourg and in the UK) to comply with all relevant regulations, successfully deliver business/product initiatives and meet best industry practices; and
- Maintaining a robust product governance structure which puts customers at the heart of the product lifecycle, is embedded within the product development and management process and applied through the entire product lifecycle.
- You will primarily focus on the end to end management of the fund legal documentation by planning, implementing and delivering product development and management projects as well as regulatory changes. You will also actively contribute to strategic business and product initiatives by proving advice to the business from a product governance perspective.
- It is a critical position given the importance of producing and maintaining within a robust and defined framework a set of fund legal documents which supports the growth of the business and the development of Wholesale fund ranges (establish new funds, restructure existing funds and close funds) whilst protecting its integrity and meeting all regulatory requirements.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in the asset management industry with a solid background in product management/governance or legal from an asset manager, international law firm, or a management company.
- Knowledge in ESG and sustainable investing would be a plus.
- Excellent technical knowledge of legal fund structures (including Luxembourg and UK investment vehicles) and regulation across jurisdictions.
- Interest in diving into complex and regulatory matters, including EU and UK ESG and sustainable finance regulations .
- Experience in designing governance processes in reaction to regulation and business needs.
- Solid project management and multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple internal and external interfaces and prioritise workload in a fast paced environment.
- Analytical mindset, respect rules and guidelines with attention to detail, while being a critical thinker demonstrating ability to solve problems, create solutions and learn new concepts. Open-minded, flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing organisation and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills to build good relationships across the business and collaborate efficiently with both internal and external stakeholders in an international environment.
- Team player, self-motivated with ability to work independently.