Product Management Lead - Data Protection - Technology and Information Risk - VP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Enterprise Security Solutions team is looking for an experienced Product Management Lead to join this business critical team.
The Security Infrastructure organization operates as part of Core Infrastructure services across the firm, providing security (against insider threat, cyber-attacks) to all lines of business (LOB) across Morgan Stanley. In the role you will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to influence design, build and roll-out security solutions that deliver the company’s security vision and strategy.
The Data Protection Product Manager will be responsible for managing the development, implementation and co-ordination of data protection products, including the products design, rollout and adoption across the Firm. Control capabilities include but are not limited to Data Loss Prevention, Unstructured Data protections and database protections.
- Maintain security product roadmaps for assigned control area
- Manage and prioritize the data protection book of work ensuring adherence to roadmaps, regulatory compliance and improving long term delivery planning
- Ensure product controls are aligned and assessed against the firms Threat Scenarios and Risk Framework.
- Engage with executive stakeholders to identify business demand and prioritize it on the roadmap
- Identify and work with engineering and operations to close gaps in existing product portfolio applying new solutions or if necessary introducing new requirements
- Align expectations, minimize churn and avoid incomplete solution delivery
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure roadmap collaboration, SLA management and ongoing communications to influence strategic product planning.
- Provides technical and program oversight within the Data Protection product portfolio
- Work closely with engineering owners and the Core Infrastructure Team to ensure day to day activities have the appropriate priority and have strong alignment to roadmap.
- Be a trusted partner with engineering, architecture, security operations, and development teams to deliver security services.
- Manage dependencies within and outside of the product portfolio.
- Partner with Security Architecture and Infrastructure for early access to new products requirements (e.g. Cloud and Mobile)
- Broaden engagement with Risk and CTO organizations to align roadmaps with target state architecture
- Work across Firm to enable and monitor product adoption
- Strong experience in Cybersecurity or related technical field.
- Strong experience of positioning and delivering security product capabilities e.g. relevant experience with Security vendors, tools and technologies (e.g. Symantec DLP, Varonis, Guardium)
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development or infrastructure
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end information technology (IT) process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations.
- Prior product management experience of managing roadmaps, requirements, prioritization, client engagement, product release and adoption
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client-focused mind set and attitude including the ability to negotiate with senior business stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up ones sleeves to get the job
- Experience of working in a complex, global organization interfacing across diverse disciplines.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- CISSP or similar security certification preferred. Familiarity with control assessment frameworks such as NIST and the Cloud Security Alliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Engineering or another technical discipline preferred.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-JM1