- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- South Africa GSC
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
To manage and supervise the development of online tax products and applications to deliver a better user experience, increase product penetration and support delivery of the business strategy.
- Responsible for creation and management of roadmap, in conjunction with Director of Product Development, for a given online tax Products.
- Manage dependencies between projects and agile development teams.
- Lead daily scrum calls where appropriate to ensure delivery of release including release management and testing activities
- Engage in regular customer research to identify developments in the customer's business and in technology which may impact how the customer interacts with LN's online products now and in the future.
- Analyse/interpret findings and works with the Director of Product Development to ensure product development plans meet customer needs and drives revenues.
- Prioritise scope to deliver in alignment with business strategy and market needs
- Monitor budget and report monthly to Director of Product Development
- Engage in concept development and validation and feeding outputs into roadmap
- Have understanding of wider development vision and work with counterparts to ensure roadmaps are aligned
- Foster close relations with Sales, Marketing, Product Adoption and Content teams to communicate the roadmap and progress, and ensure appropriate internal and external communications plans are in place to support releases
- Impact on usage and penetration of product enhancements
- Net Promoter score (customer feedback)
- Quantity and quality of contribution to business strategy
Understanding and utilising economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identifying key issues, and developing strategies and plans.
Technical/Professional knowledge and skills
Demonstrates technical competence, knowledge and expertise for area of responsibility and is able to apply such competence appropriately
Ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind product roadmaps, product developments and technology. Achieves this by understanding customer's business, challenges, problems, needs, expectations, behaviour etc. Works to understand what the customer needs in order to be able to service their own clients appropriately
Clearly and succinctly conveys knowledge and information, communicating in a compelling and focused way that is appropriate for the audience, that captures and holds attention and leaves the reader satisfied that their need has been met
Passion for Results
Tenaciously works to meet or exceed challenging goals, deriving motivation and satisfaction from achieving those goals. Corrals energy day to day to maintain momentum and a sense of urgency towards required results when needed and pulls with and supports the team as necessary when deadlines and targets are tight
Actively takes responsibility for continually developing own areas of expertise and skill, putting new knowledge and understanding to practice use on the job. Takes risks in learning when necessary, being willing to take on uncomfortable or unfamiliar situations in order to learn
Knowing and understanding the bigger picture across product, portfolio and the wider business
Typically of graduate calibre with evidence of expertise/ development in a particular area
Online industry developments
Understanding of LN's customer base
Understanding of LN's online product portfolio or similar
Online industry experience
Publishing / media
Product and/or content development experience
Experience of leading and managing project teams
Proven experience delivering solutions which enhance end user experience
Evidence of interest in online/mobile
Proven experience translating business requirements into technical specifications
Agile product management/ownership
Key Skills and Attributes
Ability to manage virtual teams and to motivate and engage others to achieve results
Strong written and spoken communication skills
Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the business
Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail
Ability to work with technical briefs