Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Product Manager
London Company Brief
Fitch Learning is a leader in financial services training. With unrivaled breadth and depth of training, the company delivers learning solutions for apprentices and graduates, to those with 10+ years' experience in Financial Services. A truly global company, we have offices in New York, Chicago, London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai, providing services to many of the top banks including; HSBC, UBS, Credit Suisse and Bank of America.
As part of the wider Fitch Group which includes; Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, Fitch Learning is a 250 person business. Agile and fast paced, we are able to tailor our solutions to a wide range of Financial Services clients with operations in more than 30 countries.
We're looking for individuals with drive, flexibility and passion to help us deliver a world class service to our clients. In return, Fitch Learning offers a fast paced, start-up like environment with considerable financial backing and stability that you associate with a larger corporate. It's a place where you can really make a difference and progress in your career. Role Purpose
We are looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for multiple digital products, platforms and services. You will drive the vision, definition and delivery of new products and services through research, road mapping and working within a self-managed, cross-functional team. This is a very exciting role, based in London, reporting to the Head of Digital Learning. Role Responsibilities
- Determine customers' needs and desires by conducting user research and liaising with the business
- Manage the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements and appraising new product ideas
- Assess market competition by comparing company's product with competitors' products
- Bring new products to market by analysing product requirements and product development programmes; create return on investment analyses; drive product definition; populate, prioritise and groom the development backlog with well-formed user stories
- Establish time schedules for product delivery and recommend resourcing requirements
- Document and communicate product capabilities and answer queries on product features and behaviour
- Ensure that features are implemented correctly and work as expected
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the product features
- Meet delivery objectives by maintaining daily contact with development team and escalating issues that arise
- You will be an experienced Product Manager or Product Owner with 5-6 years' experience within a global team
- Experience of working in large multi-faceted software and content development projects
- Experience conducting user research and transforming analysis into recommendations
- Knowledge of financial services and delivering FinTech solutions
- Advanced skills in using Jira and visual communication tools
- Adept at understanding product capabilities and breaking these down into well-formed user stories
- Skilled at communicating to stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Experienced negotiator with ability to handle conflict
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled problem solver
- Financial qualification would be advantageous but is not essential
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .