Product Manager - Cross Reference Services
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Dec 18
Product Manager - Cross Reference Services
The Role: Product Manager - Cross Reference Services
The Location: London, UK
The Team: The applicant will be part of the Data Management Solutions Product Management Group, with a focus on enhancing and building out our Cross reference Services. The team currently focuses on a wide variety of product/content sets and works very closely with Client Support, Sales, Content Management and Technology.
The Impact: The ideal candidate will drive the overall cross reference suite of products by meeting with clients, performing market analysis, competitor landscape and understanding the various compliance and regulatory laws in the markets. By working across the Enterprise, you will establish key themes that will build upon and produce high quality and consistent data that serve an array of customers.
What's in it for you: The applicant will be leading the effort and growth of this business across Europe. They will have access to senior product, technology and content teams to further strengthen our products in the market. The ideal candidate will gain experience to how our clients use our content/product and the value S&P Global brings to the financial markets.
- Coordinate all activities related to the Cross Reference product offering and its enablement to all Data Management products (Daily Feeds, API, and Platform solutions)
- Work closely with our clients to understand their needs, the competition and articulate the value proposition of our products.
- Create a strategic Cross Reference roadmap that will include an end-to-end process, and demonstrate how it will support client needs within the capital markets and beyond.
- Look to create third party channel partnerships to further expand the product to additional client and user types.
- Build relationships across senior management and key stakeholders to gain buy in and support for additional product and content initiatives for Cross Reference products.
- Own and manage the business requirements for all existing product processes and new ideas that will start in the future.
- Collaborate and engage actively across all S&P Global divisions to align product priorities and synergies where appropriate.
- Participate in regular product and dataset reviews to engage others groups around the offering.
- Familiarity with Global Identifiers and how they are assigned and how they work with our internal numbering systems along with other numbering agents and institutions. Some examples: LEI, Ratings Entity ID,s CUSIP/CINS, ISIN, SEDOLs, Bloomberg ID, and many more.
- Knowledge and experience working with structured data and data repositories used for data mining and innovation analysis.
- Client facing experience a must.
- Exceptional ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment utilizing effective influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong public speaking skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels within an organization.
- A highly motivated self-starter; ability to work independently and creatively as well as within a team.
- Proficient in SQL. Nice to have understanding of Python
- In-depth knowledge of the financial industry, Regulatory initiatives and competitive landscape along with an understanding of corporate actions and how it impacts the landscape of a corporate structure at the company and instrument level.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on expertise in defining enterprise data strategies, and successfully leading product management functions.
- Strong organizational management, business case development, and able to work across business teams to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work with and motivate global teams in a diverse and complex organization to deliver quality results on time.
- Demonstrable experience resolving complex operational problems requiring strategic and innovative solutions.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.