Product Manager - Crude Oil
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Jan 19
Product Manager - Crude Oil
Grade: 11A (For internal purposes only)
The Role: The Product Manager for Oil will play a substantial role in creating and executing the product roadmap and execution responsibility for product development in S&P Global Platts business. This includes the development of offerings using Agile methodology and the delivery of products which bring tangible value to our customers across our platform including - web, mobile apps, digital data feeds, excel plug-in's and our e-commerce store. The Product Manager will manage a service segment which represents a significant portion of the company's business. In this role you will work with different business functions to develop and execute a customer-centric roadmap using agile methodologies.
Key Role Specific Accountabilities:
• Have a solid understanding of our Oil customers' needs, the product portfolio and the industry trends, for Crude Oil
• Be embedded in the Commodities industry, with a deep understanding and interest in the evolution and mechanics of commodities markets, especially Oil.
• Bring and cultivate a network of commodities market contacts, comfortably speaking at a peer level with traders and analysts
• Work with the business stakeholders - Sales, Marketing, Content, Operations, Finance and other business leaders to ensure relevant go to market strategies are planned and executed
• Manage the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities in relation to enhancing our product delivery to our customers.
• Attend regular meeting with the technology team to discuss progress and take the appropriate actions to drive delivery.
• Harvest voice of customer through regular customer interaction to understand and specify requirements for target markets
• Manage the user facing design and specification of new features with a careful eye on product usability and end user efficiency
• Work in an Agile Product Development process creating well thought-out user stories
• Manage the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for new product functionality from customers, prospects, partners, sales, and market-driven forces
• Define user engagement and retention performance indicators and monitor them
• Own and manage comprehensive product specifications, user stories & epics
• Mapping business questions to products including the requirements around market data, news, analysis and analytics
• Thinks strategically and seeks data-driven decisions about the product
• Acting as Product Owner when required to provide vision and direction to Agile development teams.
• Tactically manage multiple projects with competing priorities
• Nurture a culture of data driven decision making
• Define, Track and Deliver the Product roadmap and milestones
• Balance user and business needs with technical constraints; maximize business benefits while providing the best user experience.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Proven experience in Product Development and/or Crude Oil market knowledge
• Demonstrable experience and accountability in leading and managing delivery of industry critical information and insights via digital properties, including workflow analysis
• Proven experience building, delivering, and supporting large scale digital features
• Demonstrated experience delivering on single platform roadmap features
• Solid knowledge of website and mobile analytics tools (e.g., Core metrics, Google Analytics)
• Experienced in preparing, monitoring, analyzing and delivering detailed measurement strategy/channel, KPI dashboards, Business cases and Customer journey mappings
• Proven history of shipping and managing products with cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated passion for creativity and analytical decision making
• Highly developed written, verbal and presentation & interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders and colleagues at the highest level.
• Experience managing within in Digital product management using Scrum and Agile product prioritization techniques
About Platts and S&P Global
Platts is a premier source of benchmark price assessments and commodities intelligence. At Platts, the content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the energy, petrochemicals, shipping, metals and agricultural markets. www.platts.com