Product Manager - Workflow Digitization
JobDescription : Location:
London, New York or Charlottesville Grade:
12 (for internal purposes only) The Role:
S&P Global Platts is seeking a Product Manager to drive the roadmap, design and build of internal and client/customer-facing workflow digitization efforts that support the strategy of the company. The Team:
The Internal Product Management Team works closely with Content Creators, Price Reporters and other parts of the Platts organization that require modern and efficient workflow systems. The team acts as a bridge between internal customers and Technology to ensure that requirements are captured, prioritized, executed and delivered to a high quality. The Impact:
Successful candidates will combine an understanding of the S&P Global Platts business and data with experience building and working with complex workflow systems, with a goal to streamline, automate to drive efficiencies for the business. The ideal candidate will have previous experience designing and building business processes and workflow systems. The successful candidate will be able to work well in a team, be highly self-motivated as well as an ability to execute independently when required. What's in it for you?
The position plays a key role on the Internal Product Management team and for the organization as a whole. It offers exposure to all S&P Global Divisions through collaboration with central enablement teams and colleagues in similar roles within the company. The position opens doors for tremendous career opportunities with S&P Global. In the role, you will be responsible for developing and delivering workflow digitization projects in support of S&P Global Platts strategic goal to Revolutionize Technology and Drive Operational Excellence
The Internal Product Management team works in close collaboration with many internal stakeholders, both on the business and technical sides, as well as with our internal/external customers to create and deliver the roadmap for workflow digitization capabilities. As Product Manager, you are uniquely positioned to be the main point of contact and source of information for internal business requests. Your job is to create the best possible workflow products for our internal and external customers, including:
What we're looking for:
- Serving as Product Owner on multiple high profile, high impact initiatives for Platts next generation of workflow capabilities from concept through to launch.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to build the roadmap for workflow capabilities.
- Be pro-active in identifying opportunities to improve and digitize workflows throughout the Platts division.
- Work with customers to understand, refine and deliver a system that meets their requirements.
- Interact with the Central Workflow Enablement team to understand and benefit from the standard components that have been developed.
- Participation in company-wide workflow platform community meetings to express division-specific needs that should be vetted or developed by the central team.
- Developing and executing on go-to-market strategies for product rollout/launch.
- Become the subject matter expert on division-specific workflow and supporting systems, staying up to date on the latest updates in workflow platform capabilities.
- Working with project sponsors, internal customers, Technology and Finance you will be responsible for project approval, scope, budget and reporting health status of workflow project lifecycle via the centralized project prioritization (CPP) process using the Serena tool.
- Experience working in workflow/workflow digitization projects, ideally using Appian Technology
- An understanding of workflow platforms and the integrations with other internal systems/databases
- A proven track record of delivering projects in collaborative Agile team environments
- The ability to present to business and technical audiences commanding sufficient subject matter expertise.
- You will have a passion for building efficient, lean workflow products and processes and working with complex technical systems.
- You will be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines is important.
- Experience working with robotics/RPA technology such as Blue Prism.
- BA/BS in finance, business, or computer science
- 5+ years of product management experience working with Agile/Scrum
- Strong knowledge of the workflow/workflow digitization space
- Experience working with workflow systems, preferably Appian
- Experience working with robotics/RPA technology solutions is preferable
- High-level understanding of databases and programming
- Experience with Agile workflow tools
S&P Global Platts
- Understanding of product lifecycles, creating specifications and user stories and designing mockups
- Proven ability to interface well with IT staff and other non-technical members of the organization
- A professional, highly dedicated, detail-oriented, and energetic personality, with the ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver complex solutions including building platforms
- Demonstrable, directly related product development work experience.
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to take on internal and external presentation responsibilities
- Ability to influence at all levels throughout the organization including senior level project sponsors and other key stakeholders
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.