Product Manager, Alternatives
- Up to £95k
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 30 Jul 18 2018-07-30
An opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager within our client’s Institutional Alternatives business. You will provide direction and leadership in respect of new product development and the ongoing management of the institutional fixed Alternatives Product range. This is a wide and diverse product range with a strong focus on alternative assets. Asset classes covered include: corporate bonds, private placements, leveraged finance, direct lending, asset-backed securities, distressed debt,
- Acting as product sponsor in the development and delivery of new products ensuring that initiatives follow the Product Development and Management process, taking an active position on fund launch Steering Committees and ensuring fund documentation is fit for purpose.
- Leading product management reviews, ensuring that the product range remains fit for purpose in terms of client expectations, pricing, profitability and the prevailing regulatory landscape.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of market and industry trends and regulation and assessing their impact on the existing product set and encouraging product innovation.
- Providing product input into our client’s group projects.
- Assisting with the development of product strategy for the Fixed Income business.
What we are looking for:
You must have demonstrable experience within the asset management industry, ideally in a product development/management role. You should have a strong understanding of different fund structures and domiciles including both regulated and unregulated funds with strong knowledge of alternative investment funds. As well as this, you should also be able to demonstrate your knowledge of portfolio management across fixed income and alternative asset classes.
Strong organisational skills are essential for this role, as you will need to be capable of managing multiple initiatives concurrently and prioritising workload appropriately. Excellent communication and analytical skills are also a must. A degree level academic qualification, (or equivalent) is an essential requirement and an IMC/CFA would also be beneficial.