- AVP - Barclaycard
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Oct 18
As a member of the Product Management team, the Technical Product Owner will work alongside Product Managers and Software Delivery teams to specify and prioritise new capabilities for the Barclaycard Payment Gateway platform and see these delivered to our customers. Working within an Agile development team, the Technical Product Owner will be responsible for engaging with a broad range of stakeholders to elicit and elaborate requirements and translate these into Features and User Stories for the team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for software development, a strong customer focus and a desire to deliver world-class solutions to market.
- Fulfil the role of the SAFe Product Owner within the development team.
- Engage stakeholders to elicit, elaborate and document the full range of requirements
- Translate requirements into Features and User Stories with clearly defined acceptance criteria.
- Own, maintain, refine and prioritise the team backlog with the input from the team.
- Review and accept completed work from the team on behalf of the stakeholders.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Solution Managers to align the backlog to the business strategy and agree the scope of solutions to be developed.
- Keep informed about how the solution is performing and be proactive in driving improvements and fixes.
- Create or contribute to the creation of business process models and workflows.
- Organise, participate and support key SAFe and Product Management processes.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership:
As part of the role the Technical Product Owner will:
- Work with a wide variety of stakeholders to elicit the requirements and demonstrate the solutions.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Scrum and delivery teams.
- Help to set and manage stakeholder expectations both inside and outside of the organisation.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to determine the scope and priority of the capabilities to be delivered.
- Provide consultancy and subject matter expertise across the business, as needed.
- Make decisions with respect to the operation of the software, in consultation with architects, developers, testers, UX/UI designers to ensure that solutions remain customer-focused and fit for purpose.
- Control, negotiate and carefully manage the solution scope.
- Work closely with Product Managers to resolve or minimise negative commercial or customer impacts.
- Work with Project Managers and other teams, departments and organisations to identify and coordinate delivery dependencies.
- Contribute feedback and ideas to drive continuous improvement.
The ideal product owner will:
- Have a strong customer and delivery-focus.
- Be a team player, capable of building trusted relationships across the business.
- Resolutely get to the root of a problem and ensure a common understanding.
- Offer challenges, and willingly consider alternatives and new ideas.
- Be self-motivated and well-organised and capable of motivating and influencing others.
- A good problem solver who will step out of the normal routine to get things done.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Technical Product Owner, Software Analyst, Software Design Analyst, Business Analyst, Systems Analyst or similar.
- Expert level understanding of how to elicit and elaborate requirements and translate these into Features and User Stories with clear acceptance criteria.
- Strong technical background and demonstrable business analysis skillset.
- Experience designing, building and delivering software as a service.
- Experience working within a development team on a daily basis.
- IT related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Payments industry experience.
- Experience in delivering highly available services.