Product Sector Head - Public Sector
- Negotiable GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
Product Sector Head - Public Sector Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Securities Services team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
- The Product Sector Head, Public Sector (including sovereigns, state entities and supranational organisations) is a member of the Global Custody Product team, with a remit for product strategy across all HSS business lines. Specific responsibilities include the creation and execution of the Public Sector product strategy in line with HSS strategy, the definition of the sector proposition and the representation of the sector proposition both internally and externally. This senior role will operate across all HSS business lines [Funds, Custody (GC and DCC), GTFS, CTLA] to consistently represent the service components of the product proposition working with teams regionally representing Sales and Business Development, Service Delivery, Product and COO and with broader GBM teams including FIG/GRB's. The primary purpose of the role is to develop a sector proposition, in conjunction with all relevant functions, to support the revenue growth targets for that sector.
Candidates should also:
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the securities market and the associated market infrastructure.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Public Sector & interrelated Asset Management sectors.
- Demonstrates a solid grasp of the services, operating models and technology supporting the sector.
- Previous roles demonstrate a strategic mind-set, with strong conceptual, creative and analytical content.
- Demonstrates active engagement with the market through industry associations / bodies, media etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA degree (or equivalent) or finance qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant experience in the financial services industry with a good understanding of fund administration, custody, treasury and related mid/back-office requirements of Public Sector clients and associated Asset Managers.
- Strong client or external stakeholder management skills, including ability to design and lead workshops and presentations
- Energetic, results focused, change agent, with a strong work ethic.
- Personal qualities of stability, maturity and leadership.
- Team player and people motivator.
- First class interpersonal, collaborative, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing, with strong presentation skills.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.