The Value of Active Minds About Jupiter
Jupiter is one of the UK's leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £50.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31st March 2023).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground's Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 3-2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Background
In this role you will be a key member of a high-functioning product structuring team focussed on the structuring, governance and execution of new products and amendments to existing products, targeting specific client needs, to support Jupiter's business needs and strategy.
The Product Structuring team works closely with the Legal team on developing offerings focused on delivering positive customer outcomes which facilitate the execution of Jupiter's strategy in an effective manner whilst being compliant with all legal and regulatory obligations. Key Responsibilities
Desired Skills / Experience
- Project managing the implementation of product initiatives relating to Luxembourg SICAVs, Irish ICVCs, UK unit trusts and OEICs and other products in accordance with agreed product governance and change processes whilst ensuring that client needs and requirements are considered throughout the process, including:
- creating and maintaining detailed project plans and timelines;
- arranging, chairing and minuting regular project working group meetings;
- working collaboratively with the relevant stakeholders (including investment management, client group, sustainability, legal, compliance, risk and operations) to ensure that new product and product changes are fit for purpose and delivered in a controlled, effective manner; and
- navigating the product governance structure to obtain relevant approvals at the appropriate point in the process.
- Supporting the growth of Jupiter's business by advising on the development of new products and changes to products throughout their life cycle.
- Preparing product proposal papers for new products and product changes to a high and consistent standard, ensuring appropriate engagement with (and input and sign-off from) relevant stakeholders on each proposal (demonstrating excellent stakeholder management skills in the process).
- Engaging with the client group team on preparing relevant market, product and competitor analysis to support proposals.
- Preparing and presenting reports on proposals for approval at the product governance committees and fund boards (as required).
- Maintaining a strong awareness and knowledge of relevant market activity.
Additional Role Details
- 5+ years (preferred) experience in a product role with experience of both product development and product management initiatives e.g. fund launches, mergers and closures.
- Excellent project management skills, including an ability to run and manage project working groups in an efficient manner and an ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including the ability to innovate and refine processes to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strong technical knowledge of pooled product structures - in particular UCITS structures domiciled in Luxembourg, Ireland and the UK - and related product management, development and governance processes.
- Detailed knowledge of the asset management industry, its commercial drivers, the clients it serves, and the distribution channels employed and a good understanding of the key functions within an asset management business, including investment management, distribution, operations, legal, compliance and risk.
- Proven analytical skills and a focus on delivery and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with experience of fund and management company board and product committee reporting expected.
- This role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA.
Don't meet every requirement? At Jupiter we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you are interested in this role, but don't think your experience aligns perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we would encourage you to apply. You may be the right person for this role.