- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: GBP600 - GBP700 per day
- Job Type: Full time
Production Engineer Unix, ETL, Big Data , Devops, Data Center, Data Hub
An opportunity has arisen for a Production Engineer to work for a Banking client in London. This is a contract position.
The Production Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplined team defining and building data solutions.
The Production Engineer will work closely with a wide variety of teams to:
- Install and configure DataHub platform across multiple non-production and production environments
- Maintain and upgrade DataHub platform
- Monitor and support multiple DataHub platform instances
- Automate BAU tasks to improve efficiency
- Troubleshoot any production issues
- Make sure the DataHub platforms are up and running and meet SLAs
- Manage releases, upgrades and patching of the platform
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong working knowledge on Unix systems (Redhat, Ubuntu), MSSQL
- Strong working knowing on Directory services:
- Centrify / Kerberos
- Experience on:-
- Experience in installation, configuration, documentation and administration of multiple pre-production and production platforms in both virtual and physical environments
- Hands on experience in infrastructure design, including load balancing (F5), reverse proxy (Apache), application hosting (Tomcat)
- Great understanding of ETL process
- Unix scripting
- Experience in scheduling tools such as AutoSys
- Server and application monitoring
- BigData Skills:
- Strong background on mapR Ecosystem is mandatory, or a strong working knowledge of either Hortonworks or Cloudera
- Exposure to ab initio
- Exposure to Informatica
- Exposure to Elasticsearch/Splunk
- Exposure to OPenTSDB / Grafana / Kafka.
If You are interested please send an up to date CV to email@example.com
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.