See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB AppBank Operations is a 24x7, unified production management team supporting the firm's business applications through the use of leading-edge support systems and processes. The team's continuous improvement is facilitated by through the adoption of tooling which is developed by the AppBank Engineering team. These systems highlight discrepancies in the health of production and automate failure resolution through the use of machine learning techniques. The focus of the team is on continuous measurement and reduction of risk and cost. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. Vice President in AppBank, the Technology Division's "Run-The-Bank" production management organization in Goldman Sachs. Specialist role in assessing, mitigating, communicating, and managing issues that affect the client's experience in the production management functions that support the Firm's Equity Clients businesses.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work actively with engineering, business and operations teams to analyze and assess client impact when service deviates from expected norms
- Follow the lifecycle of the trade from order and execution, through position management and settlement both functionally and technically when service anomalies occur
- Effectively communicate with the business, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas.
- Enhance client experience by identifying application stability improvements and performance or operational workflow efficiencies. Advise service owners on relative value of such enhancements.
- Specify requirements for and adopt tools developed by engineering teams to automate client impact assessment using machine learning techniques. Focus on the measurement /notification of any potential or actual degradation in client experience
- Identify manual processes in the execution of the role that can be automated and then work with engineering teams in automating them
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- At least ten 10 years of operations, technology, or client service experience in Financial Service Industry
- Problem solving in a development or production environment, including experience identifying patterns, analyzing root cause and proposing solutions to resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with senior stakeholders
- A comprehensive understanding of pre and post trade execution flows ranging from order management, executions, allocations, trade processing, confirmations, settlements, positions and balances, ledgers, margin and client reporting functions
- Degree in Engineering
- Specialization in Equities business processing
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.