Production Support - Team Lead, FX/eFX, VP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
This role is to lead an EMEA production services team providing technology user and application support for the bank's Foreign Exchange business
The prime responsibility of a eFX&FX Production Services team member is to manage the 1st and 2nd line support to the internal and external users of the platforms. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and business knowledge of the FX space including the tasks, and requirements, of running within a fast paced trading environment.
This role is to lead an EMEA production services team providing technology user and application support for the bank's Foreign Exchange business.
This role sits within the FX Production Services team who are responsible for supporting and maintaining the technology platforms underpinning Nomura's eCommerce and FX offering. This is a hands-on role facing off / supporting the desk/traders and external users.
This role requires the individual to:
- Ensure seamless and continual 24x6 global support for Foreign Exchange applications.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership of FX Production Services teams
- Partner strategically with application development and infrastructure to set direction and execution of technology future state vision
- Support of all eFX/FX production applications - this includes appropriate escalation and ownership to completion of all reported issues and requests.
- Seek opportunities to increase the quality of technology service delivered to the business and lead teams to do the same
- Lead enterprise process improvements
- This role involves extensive face-to-face, telephone and email interaction with the business (External users, Traders and Salespeople) and business support staff, i.e. Business Management, Middle Office, Back Office and Compliance etc.
- Interaction with various application development teams to ensure proper delivery of new applications, upgrades\releases and to maintain a high-level of on-going support for all production applications
- Interaction with various core infrastructure technology groups to ensure management and maintenance of application dependent core infrastructure
- Ability to apply problem solving skills prior to escalation to another team
- Maintain team knowledge base of known issues, steps required to address particular issues\tasks, documentation of new processes and general updates to keep content current
- Logging of tickets for each and every reported issue to build up a knowledge base, identification of issue trends and for generation of metrics for management reporting
- Understanding and adherence to established processes such as Release to Production, Incident Management, etc.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Solid experience at senior level in IT to include time in financial industry.
- Prior in depth experience in leading, implementing and supporting large-scale production systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Foreign Exchange business.
- Strong technical skills on UNIX and Windows and SQL and FIX.
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL processes.
- Experience with FX Brokers and platforms such as FX Connect, EBS, Reuters Dealing, FXAll
- Role involves regular escalation and coordination activities over evenings and weekends
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible, enthusiastic.
- Extremely client focused.
- Must possess excellent written and oral skills
- Must be very detail oriented.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and act accordingly.Key objectives critical to success:
- FIX knowledge
- ECN or Exchange connectivity
- Worked in a support environment
- On-boarding/FIX re-certification
The ideal candidate will be a hardworking, proactive individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills who has a desire to drive continuous improvement and the ability to manage multiple tasks at any given time.
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer