Production Support Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
Join the Global team, responsible for the provision of day to day support for Sales Technology suite of applications.
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
Join the Global team, responsible for the provision of day to day support for Sales Technology suite of applications. Requires performing BAU support activities, provide support to our Global business and technology teams and to bridge the RTB/CTB and technology/business model.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
- Providing day to day BAU support for the business and its activities; investigate, fix and test
- Monitoring the batch to ensure all jobs complete on time and feeds are delivered
- Communication of software changes and environmental improvements.
- Identification of operational risks and patterns, then plan for their reduction.
- Issue investigation, escalation where appropriate, plus resolution ownership.
- Integration of products and enhancements to the business.
Key objectives critical to success:
- Knowledge of Global Markets specifically Sales business
- Developing strong relationships with key users and with RTB/CTB team members.
- Good experience of scripting for process automation and system efficiences.
- Proven track record with pro-active monitoring and alerting, plus runbook documentation.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, global team environment.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/ Unix. Shell scripting/ Perl scripting & Sybase/DB2. Java will be an added advantage. Knowledge of OLAP will be a significant advantage.
- Autosys or similar job scheduling tool.
- Experience of a monitoring and alerting system, plus hands-on implementation.
- Strong communication skills essential to work with users and senior management in the global technology and business communities.
- A self-starter able to manage time and simultaneously work on multiple active support tasks
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines and is able to maintain a consistent attitude and respect for high quality standards.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving, able to take ownership of issues through to resolution.
- Problem solve with the minimum of supervision, offering a consistent attitude and respect for high quality standards. Able to maintain this despite competing pressures
- Work shift patterns as required, plus support weekend deployments and projects