As a Production Support Analyst /Infra Ops Analyst within the TechOps Investment team, you will have an opportunity to work in a high-paced, dynamic and constantly evolving environment. As part of the day-to-day work, you will triage, troubleshoot and resolve production issues as required, whilst closely monitoring the production Investment application systems. Additionally, you are encouraged to challenge our current processes in place and further improve and automate them.
The main objective of this team is to ensure that the investment application systems operate smoothly and efficiently both from the front-end application perspective as well as batch and data feed perspective. Since our systems are used across the globe, we utilize a follow the sun model that requires global interaction and may require out of hours work as well as core hours coverage.
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
Role Summary & Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for swiftly resolving disruptions to technology services to minimize user impacts and maintain service levels
- Evaluates and acts on the production readiness for technology solution implementations and application deployments
- Analyzes performance trends and crafts action plans to address potential impacts prior to impacts occurring
- Demonstrates root cause analysis skills for investigation of incidents impacting technology availability
- Ensures incidents impacting technology availability are resolved within policy standards
- Accountable for your own work and effective coordination of process and information with others
- Works within guidelines and policies for ongoing work; may receive general mentoring on new assignments
- Proactively helps team members and makes suggestions to improve practices
- Proactively looks for automation opportunities
- Help shape new technology standards with bringing on new fresh ideas
- Possesses fundamental understanding of the tech and financial industries and internal business units to enable navigation of key partners and understanding of impact
- Typically requires a minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience (Production Support/Application Support) working in a technical environment and solving technical issues related to applications, servers, database connectivity, etc.
- Experience writing SQL queries is preferred
- Experience running commands in Unix/Linux consoles & Windows Servers is preferred
- Is adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Shows ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, as well as, verbal and written communication skills
- Working and conceptual knowledge of various technical domains (ServiceNow, AWS, Splunk) preferred
- Basic knowledge of Automated Scheduler (e.g. Autosys) and batch support preferred
- Ability to write basic Splunk queries and investigate application issues through Splunk logs preferred
- Basic understanding of Disaster recovery preferred
- Job Family: Infrastructure Operations
- Track: Knowledge Management (KM)
- Level: 2
This role is eligible for remote work up to two days a week.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.