Programme Diagnostic/Recovery Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Sep 17
Location: London based Travel: 100%
Accenture Technology Consulting
Accenture Technology Consulting provides industry experts with the insights and technology capabilities to transform the world’s leading companies. Within Technology Consulting, functions are aligned with business and IT in order to meet corporate strategies and objectives and to enable our clients to transform their businesses. Our consulting capabilities enable our clients to design and implement transformational change programmes, either for one or more functions or business units, or across their entire organization. We provide industry-specific consulting services across 13 industry groups, including applications and architecture advisory and technology advisory.
Accenture Programme and Project Management Advisory (PPMA)
Accenture Programme and Project Management Advisory underpins our other core Technology Consulting domains, providing delivery leadership expertise to accelerate execution. We provide solutions for complex programme and project mobilisation, governance, management and measurement. PPMA services range from point QA assessment, periodic Programme Assurance through to delivering Programme Leadership. Our experienced practitioners can also support targeted advisory services, including assessment and selection of solution, vendors and target methodology and how ‘New IT’ should be leveraged.
As a Manager that is a Programme Diagnostic/Recovery Practitioner, your responsibilities will include:
- Review Project/Programme/Portfolio on large-scale client technology initiatives and provide meaningful feedback i.e. areas requiring improvement or with issues, together with root-cause analysis and corrective actions;
- Ability to create recovery plans and follow-up with execution of such plans, resulting in successful delivery for the client;
- Experience working with multiple delivery methodologies and key advantages and issues with each of these based on prior-experience;
- Providing feedback to C-level clients based on findings and recommendations;
- Developing detailed and actionable recovery plans which reflect our practice’s deep industry, project/programme/portfolio acumen;
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams to shape, propose, communicate and implement diagnostic and recovery initiatives; and
- Developing our thought leadership in the programme diagnostic/recovery or other related areas; and
- Mentoring and developing our people.
- Strong track record of project Delivery excellence;
- Delivery Lead, Project and Programme management experience on large scale technology projects essential;
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to effectively articulate messages to senior management and c-suite clients;
- All-round Consulting skills and experience, including point-of-view and practitioner mentality;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to run and motivate teams;
- Project management certification (e.g. PMI, PRINCE);
- Industry experience across one or more Products industries: retail, consumer goods, life sciences, automotive or travel; and
- Exposure to Digital domains and methods, including Agile, Scrum, SAFE, and understanding of how to apply in the context.
Set Yourself Apart: Preferred Skills
- Ability to work with senior client stakeholders to coach them through understanding and accepting findings and potential actions based on diagnosis;
- The ability to establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication;
- An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner;
- Experience understanding business challenges and explaining how our offerings and services provide value;
- Experience identifying a client’s high-level project/programme/portfolio needs and leading the creation of an diagnostic/recovery approach tailored to those needs and objectives;
- Experience working through organisational resistance and change, reviewing and capturing findings, establishing root causes and making recommendations;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, synthesize large amounts of information and identify areas of risk/issue for a project/programme;
- Insights on key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry;
- An ability to lead teams to deliver the required piece of work for a consulting engagement;
- Flexibility to accommodate client travel requirements; and
- Experience understanding team strengths, and the ability to coach and develop others.
- Educated to at least a Bachelor's Degree level or equivalent;
- Project management certification (e.g. PMI, PRINCE); and
- Minimum of 5 years of consulting experience (at consultant / manager level) or relevant project/programme diagnosis/recovery background.
Our Commitment to You
- Opportunities for career advancement and transparent approach to career progression;
- Access to Accenture leading thinking and expertise across technology related subject areas;
- Learning and development opportunities as part of Accenture’s Technology Consulting practice; and
- Competitive salary with associated Accenture Executive benefits.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture Equal Opportunities Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.