Programme Manager - Global Markets, VP
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Programme Manager - Global Markets, VPResponsibility for project managing front office business transformation and regulatory change initiatives within the State Street Global Markets (SSGM) EMEA Change Management Office which impact the State Street Bank Legal entities used by SSGM in EMEA.
- Experienced project / programme manager with a proven track record of delivering projects to the agreed scope, cost and schedule
- Understands the complexities of leading and managing a project within a front office change environment through the phases of its lifecycle and the tools, techniques and document artefacts to meet the demands of the project
- Ensures project artefacts are regularly and accurately maintained
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (written and verbal) - ensuring key stakeholders are regularly appraised on progress relative to milestones & escalates issues requiring attention appropriately
- Demonstrates effective risk management skills - capture and communicate probability and impact to key stakeholders, ensure appropriate mitigation strategies are agreed.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the Change Management Office to improve the core competencies within the CMO by contributing to and completing best practices for the team.
- Change Manager / Programme Manager
- Demonstrate the 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behaviour
- Ensure your team has clear understanding of their roles & responsibilities, reporting lines, authority levels, objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with the project schedule.
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with all levels of staff and ensures the project team are motivated, development needs are supported.
- Ensure successful delivery of projects / programmes with no detrimental effect on BAU
- Establish and monitor systems of control and escalation procedures so that the project team remains on track to complete deliverables with the project plan / schedule
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues and risks to the project are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved.
- Establish and nurture a culture of 'Risk Excellence' within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that key decisions impacting the project delivery are documented for traceability.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behaviour.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Proven record of implementing projects (covering all phases of the project lifecycle from initiation through to close)
- Works effectively in teams
- Demonstrates strong management and organizational skills
- Detail orientated
- Produces quality documentation
- Effective motivator and mentor
- Effective communicator (to all levels of staff) - Written & Verbal
- Manages and leads by example
- Works well under pressure (used to multi tasking and managing to deadlines)
- Effective risk management skills and knowledge