Programme Manager - Securities/Capital Markets is responsible for ensuring all assigned firm wide projects follow the wider groups project methodology and procedures and provides guidance to ensure appropriate reporting. Experience establishing governance frameworks as well as hands on delivery.
A major Asian bank based in London.
Programme Manager - Securities/Capital Markets role will;
- Establish a centralised control function for project management across the Capital Markets business.
- Establish the project management governance framework in accordance with APM guidelines so that there is a consistent and standardised approach to projects lead from a centralised function closely coordinating with the wider group PMO. Communicate and educate other areas and project resources across the firm to make them aware of the new standards and methodology. Leverage shared resources with the Group where possible.
- Hands on delivery of projects.
- Monitor the delivery of firm wide projects as planned against the required methodology, standards, timeframe and budget.
- Once Project Managers have been recruited to the PMO, responsible for the delivery of PMO assigned and managed projects, partner with the Business, Subject Matter Experts, Internal IT and 3rd party vendor resources where required to ensure successful delivery.
- Organise and lead the project resources including Project Managers (PM) and PMO administrators.
- May be required to manage projects including lifecycle and budget in line with the Group EMEA Project Management Methodology.
- Must consistently demonstrate sound judgement and ownership of the project process and ensuring that all deliverables are aligned with objectives and commensurate with the Capital Markets business profile.
- Responsible for achieving appropriate governance and transparency for projects so that the appropriate oversight and reporting is achieved.
- Accountable for managing the Capital Markets project portfolio and responsible for the consolidated reporting of the portfolio.
- Influence and escalate where necessary risks and issues with mitigation plans, identify where business engagement is low and may impact or delay project deliverables, escalate as appropriate through project escalation chains including Project Sponsor, SteerCo and appropriate governance committees/forum.
- Recognize and rapidly adapt to ongoing change during PMO managed projects. Ensure that internal and external impacts are documented including impact on existing policies and associated procedures, formulate and present suitable mitigation plans and ensure all updates are completed across impacted areas.
- Ensure projects are properly documented throughout the project lifecycle including hand-over to BAU.
Key Job Functions
- Create a regular and formal forum for the oversight and prioritisation of projects, in-line with business objectives and overall strategy of the firm.
- Lead and facilitate discussions, training sessions & workshops.
- Supervise team members and consult as necessary.
- Ownership and hands on delivery of projects as a Project Manager.
- Create appropriate Capital Management project portfolio MI to review and monitor progress of projects.
- Lead project management oversight committee and any project SteerCo where appropriate.
- Advise and guide assigned PMs to ensure issues and risks are appropriately raised and mitigated.
- Ensure that critical issues are escalated appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Develop team skills and expand the team knowledge base by facilitating knowledge sharing.
- Mentor and encourage staff in team-based/workplace based learning.
Programme Manager - Securities/Capital Markets Experience
- Experience establishing governance frameworks at programme level required.
- Project management skills for the Capital Management business, which include business knowledge of the securities business and derivative business, analysing and planning, managing staff.
- End to end delivery of projects.
- Able to communicate project information to non-project audiences including senior management in UK and Asia.
- Able to communicate appropriately and effectively at all levels across a Financial Services organisation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Formal Project Management certifications (Prince 2, PMP, APM)
- Establish appropriate project management governance framework in the firm in line with the wider group and ensure it is embedded and followed in each project.
- Overseeing that all assigned projects continue to be appropriately governed, and managed.
- Ensuring that all assigned projects are managed to the Group EMEA's required standards, within the appropriate timeframes and to the required quality.
- Communicating with senior management to inform and update on project portfolio status.
- Lead project management committees and project steer co where appropriate.
- Project workflows, policies & procedures and ensuring that these are efficient, effective, aligned with the wider group and current with best practise in relation to the Capital Management requirements.
£95-115K basic + benefits