Do you have both project management and operational risk management experience? Do you have experience of working on business change initiatives that span across many diverse business divisions? Do you have the proven ability to problem solve and work with competing priorities to deliver against project timescales?
We are looking for a Project Assistant to support the ‘Simplified Risk Taxonomy’ (SRT) Project Manager (PM) to deliver a new non-financial risk taxonomy structure across the bank.
This will involve but not be limited to:
- deputization for the PM on a variety of matters
- direct management of some stakeholder relationships
- tracking of remediation delivery
- coordination and execution of ongoing communications to stakeholders and executive management
- planning and coordination of the training ahead of the "Simplified Risk Taxonomy" implementation
- liaison with the Non-financial Risk Framework colleagues to ensure successful transition of the project into ‘run the bank’
- production of governance meeting materials
- managing business requirements and requests from business colleagues
- ad hoc analysis of data points for executive management as required
- assisting the PM with engagement with the broader Program delivery
- identification of opportunities to improve our processes and recommend changes
- proactive contribution through the critical final stages of a project
You’ll be working in the Non-financial Risk Framework team within Group Compliance Regulatory & Governance (GCRG). As a Project Assistant on the risk taxonomy simplification project, you’ll contribute to the optimization and simplification of the bank’s existing non-financial risk framework to help effectively manage the non-financial risk portfolio.
- ideally 3 years of experience in a similar role within the financial sector
- project management methodology experience using Agile and/or PRINCE2
- previously worked on non-IT Business change projects, end-to-end, in a banking compliance environment
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to tailor style to your audience
- inquisitive, able to challenge effectively and manage conflicting stakeholder needs