Project Lead/Lead Analyst
- £40-65k plus benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Expand Research, a company of the Boston Consulting Group
- 11 Jun 18 2018-06-11
Project Leads/Lead Analysts are responsible for managing and delivering entire data analysis programmes or portfolios of high value products. Projects can either be internal or client-facing, targeting the financial services industry with a focus on Wealth and Asset Management, Market Data, Corporate and Investment Banking, or Fin Tech. Projects include bench marking, bespoke client assignments, assisting with the management of specific client accounts or the development of internal methodology and processes.
Founded in 2001, Expand Research is a specialist firm that provides unique business intelligence and decision support services via benchmarking and market research across the global financial services industry. The majority of Expand’s activities are focused on strategic cost and human resourcing benchmarking across a variety of financial services sectors.
Expand Research is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Boston Consulting Group, and is headquartered in London with offices in Singapore and New York. We offer candidates the opportunity to work in a stimulating environment in the Square Mile in London, and maintain a small company feel with regular social events and a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial working culture.
Go to www.expandresearch.com and explore our product offerings to learn more about our services.
Project Leads/Lead Analysts are responsible for managing and delivering entire data analysis programmes or portfolios of high value products. Projects can either be internal or client-facing, targeting the financial services industry with a focus on Wealth and Asset Management, Market Data, Corporate and Investment Banking, or FinTech. Projects include benchmarking, bespoke client assignments, assisting with the management of specific client accounts or the development of internal methodology and processes.
Project Leads/Lead Analysts work on large data sets, handling and examining data & specifications to identify client insights, helping to improve efficiency and business performance.
The successful candidate will enjoy regular client-facing exposure and demonstrate domain expertise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering at least one entire data analysis programme, and potentially several smaller projects
- Effectively leading client and internal meetings
- Ensuring that clients are satisfied, and project timelines are met
- Managing a small team, maximising performance and the effective use of resources
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the programme’s membership remains high
Expand’s culture emphasises personal ownership at every stage of an employee’s career, and Lead Analysts play an active role in all aspects of the delivery lifecycle (from supporting sales through to data collection, analysis, visualization and communication of the findings). This allows for access to a wide range of responsibilities and the development of a broad skillset. You will have a high level of direct client exposure, which in many cases reaches C-level executives.
The role requires an astute, articulate individual capable of leading the analysis delivery process. There is opportunity to learn and increase your business knowledge quickly, and to progress internally.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative or science subject, from a top university with a 2:1 (+3.2 GPA) or higher or corresponding equivalent
- Previous work experience in data analysis, ideally benchmarking (consultancy, market research, FinTech or financial services preferred)
- Solid knowledge of the financial markets, capital markets and/or investment banking essential
- Advanced MS Office skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Expert technical skills using Python, SQL, and/or VBA would be an advantage
- Exceptional analytical, rational thinking and independent problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Specialised or broad domain knowledge
- Technical product knowledge - develop deep knowledge and expertise of the relevant product
- Estimation of the value of the product for the client
- Engaging presentation and storytelling skills, with the ability to lead client meetings, develop a deep understanding of client needs and handle difficult client situations effectively
- Project management of high value products, including time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to handle data and information sensitively and confidentially
- Ability to work accurately and simultaneously on multiple assignments, sometimes under pressure, leveraging resources accordingly and reporting progress to stakeholders
- Leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and development of team
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative mind-set, demonstrating ownership and initiative
- Ability to develop new portfolio strategies and improve existing processes and products
Please email your CV and covering letter, including why you are interested in this role and consider yourself to be a good fit for it, to email@example.com quoting reference PLLAEF.
Please include your current and desired salary, and confirmation that you are permitted to work in the UK, along with your notice period/available start date.
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Only candidates that are already authorised to work in the UK will be considered.