Project Leader / Lead Analyst
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
Do you have experience in benchmarking and a financial services background? Are you looking for a role where you can combine data analysis with senior client interaction and commercial impact? Then come and join our friendly and entrepreneurial team!
The role has responsibility for managing and delivering an entire data analysis programme/portfolio of high value products, internally and/or to clients in the financial services industry with a focus on Wealth and Asset Management. These portfolios may include single benchmarking revenue streams, bespoke client assignments, assisting with the management of specific client accounts or the development of internal methodology and processes.
The role involves working on large data sets, including handling and examining data and specifications in a benchmarking context, and using these to diagnose/solve clients’ problems or provide insights to help improve efficiency and business performance. The successful candidate will enjoy regular client facing exposure and demonstrate wide domain knowledge.
- Successfully delivering at least one entire data analysis programme and potentially several smaller programmes
- Leading client and internal meetings effectively
- Ensuring that clients are satisfied and project timelines are met
- Managing a small team, maximising performance and the effective use of resources
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the programme’s membership remains high
While oversight is provided by senior team members, our culture puts emphasis on personal ownership at every stage of an employee’s career. Furthermore, you will play an active role in all aspects of the delivery lifecycle, from sales through to initial data collection, analysis, visualization and communication of the findings, allowing for a great deal of diversity on the job and the development of a broad skills set. You will have a high level of direct client exposure, which in many cases reaches C-level executives.
The role requires an astute, articulate individual who will lead the analysis delivery process. The role involves learning and increasing business knowledge quickly, with the resulting opportunity to progress internally.
Basic job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative or science subject, from a top university with a 2:1 (+3.2 GPA) or higher or corresponding equivalent
- Previous work experience in data analysis, ideally benchmarking (consultancy, market research or Wealth and Asset Management preferred)
- Solid knowledge of the financial markets, capital markets and/or investment banking essential
- Advanced MS Office skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Expert technical skills using SQL, VBA
- Exceptional analytical, rational thinking and independent problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Specialised or broad domain knowledge
- Technical product knowledge - develop deep knowledge and expertise of the relevant product
- Estimation of the value of the product for the client
- Engaging presentation and storytelling skills, with the ability to lead client meetings, develop a deep understanding of client needs and handle difficult client situations effectively
- Project management of high value products, including time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to handle data and information sensitively and confidentially
- Ability to work accurately and simultaneously on multiple assignments, sometimes under pressure, leveraging resources accordingly and reporting progress to stakeholders
- Leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and development of team
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative mind-set, demonstrating ownership and initiative
- Ability to develop new portfolio strategies and improve existing processes and products