Project Management Analyst - Electronic Trading Platform
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Jan 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Electronic Trading Infrastructure Platform function operates in partnership with Securities Engineering and Platform Engineering teams. It is responsible for the design, development and support of infrastructure solutions for low-latency colocation environments as well as other specialized requirements in Securities Division defined client facing zones.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Planning and ensuring delivery for strategic projects
- Communicating status to key stakeholders and management
- Escalating and mitigating execution risks/issues to minimize impacts to the projects
- Leveraging technology and tools to streamline processes
- Tracking incidents and deliverables
- Driving problem management and engineering solutions
- Working with accounting and purchasing teams to ensure financial transparency and streamlined ordering processes
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or above
- 2+ years' experience in project management
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and analytical/problem-solving skills
- Understanding of enterprise network and computing solutions
- Drive and determination - high energy level, but dispassionate
- Self-starter who can work independently and proactively with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Hands on operational experience of delivering business solutions from concept to production ready
- Proficient in Excel for modeling data
- Proficient in PowerPoint to visually represent the data and communicate the key points
- Project/Program Management background with a successful track record of delivering & maintaining effective solutions
- Requirements elicitation and specification, breaking down activities into component tasks
- Ability to coordinate and track aspects of onboarding new clients and connectivity, deploying new network infrastructure, executing platform upgrades/enhancements in an enterprise environment
- Follows through project tasks to completion, identifying gaps and ensures proper testing, and communicates status to stakeholders
- Leads activity planning with clients, vendors, internal teams and stakeholders
- Management of project pipeline and prioritization of project tasks
- Practical experience in data analysis
- Proficient in the use of task management tooling such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint
- Represents changes appropriately at forums such as a Change Advisory Board
- Able to engage with the business and technology to drive clarity, compromise and conclusions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.