EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Project Manager
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
The FIS Derivatives Utility is an innovative new FIS business, providing derivatives clearing brokers with a standardized operating model built around current and future FIS middle and back office technology. We are seeking a Project Manager to join the team in Canary Wharf.
The FIS Derivatives Utility is an innovative new FIS business, providing derivatives clearing brokers with a standardized operating model built around current and future FIS middle and back office technology. The Utility offers its customers global clearing, margining, brokerage and reconciliation operations and technology support from existing locations in New York, London, Singapore and India. The Derivatives Utility is an exciting opportunity to combine the best of both working in a technology firm and being close to the product development teams as well as working directly with business as end clients of the application.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in driving, leading and delivery of large complex projects as well as a strong understanding of Investment Banking operations, technology and change landscape. The ideal candidate will have likely gained this experience in a consulting environment and have the ability to manage client relationships across complex client organisations. We are looking for capability & drive to be a hands-on project / delivery manager; we need hands-on people comfortable with working in the detail when required.
The Project Manager has delegated responsibility from the business to run the project on a day to day basis within the scope and powers agreed by the project steering committee. The key responsibility of the Project Manager is delivery of the required project deliverables, within the specified time frame, within the specified cost and to the required quality level, as well as ensuring that the Project delivers the benefits presented in the business case. This position will be based in London and reporting directly to the Head of Project Delivery.
• Ensure the delivery of the agreed and defined deliverables
• Lead, encourage and manage the project team
• Planning and monitoring on the project
• Prepare and communicate the project definition documents
• Produce as required plans and schedules for the project, individual project stages and exceptions with team managers and other key project personnel.
• Assess, control and manage the risks to the project, prepare mitigation and contingency plans.
• Day to day consultation and liaison with the programme team if the project is part of a programme. In these circumstances responsibility for ensuring a good scope fit between the different projects (no overlap or gap)
• Project level reporting via monthly reporting, steering control meetings and ad hoc reports
• Identification of lessons learned and production of the project closure report
• To source appropriate mentoring, support and advice on any aspects of the project where this is required of Investment Banking operations, technology and change landscape
• Extensive previous professional experience of working as a Project Manager in a fast-paced,
multi-project Financial Services environment with responsibility for resource management
and project financials.
• Knowledge of programme/project management methodologies with in-depth knowledge of
at least one methodology
• Ability to analyse problems and produce a range of options to arrive at preferred solution.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats with a wide range
of people; external individuals, organisations and agencies
• Strong client presentation skills
• Experience in implementation of work streams to deliver commercial solutions
• Experience of working with senior management
• Strong understanding of Investment Banking operations, technology and change landscape
• In depth functional understanding of exchange traded derivatives and cleared OTC derivatives
business processes and trade flows
• High level understanding of common Technology platforms used in derivatives middle and
back office processing
• Expert user of Microsoft Project, Visio and Office
• Strong client presentation skills
• Ability to analyse problems and produce a range of options, culminating in a preferred solution
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.