- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Mar 19
We are currently looking for Project Manager in London office.
• Dedicated Relationship Manager - Regular contact with Key stakeholders within Internal Audit areas with a view to developing relationships / understanding audit plans / identifying needs / continual monitoring of work quality / feedback process for continuous improvement. Be viewed as a single point of contact and trusted partner / representative of the firm’s values.
• Internal Network Management -Develop relationships with key internal / external stakeholders to ensure that appropriate SME resource can be quickly identified and support provided. The use of contractors is increasingly important to the business area therefore developing close relationships with internal resourcing, resource solutions and external agencies is essential. Key to effective recruitment is fully understanding the resource requirement and providing an accurate brief.
• Operational - Fast response to resource requests /work with business to provide correct mix of resource to achieve best outcome / efficient on boarding process / prepare statements of work / effective processing of timesheets and invoicing. Provision on accurate relationship records and tracking documentation. Ongoing contact with contractors to ensure an effective relationship for all stakeholders – resolve logistical matters and provide a trusted point of contact to the firm. Ensuring that the budgets for each connection are correctly set and that the revenue projections are measured against actual income.
• Value add opportunities – Arrange business / regulatory insight sessions, organise lunch & learn events, audit scoping sessions, provision of KPMG publications, facilitate offsite events. Ensure that the firms profile is held in high regard by the clients by ensuring the value add activities is fully recognised for their high quality delivery – pro-active feedback.
• Risk – Manage the set-up of all risk aspects in relation to the client connections and maintain these on an ongoing basis to ensure that these are compliant with KPMG risk policies / procedures. This specifically relates to client on boarding process, conflict identification via sentinel clearance, engagement acceptance by lead Partner and Risk Controller, completions and approval of essential documentation such as Information Protection Plans and Unlimited Liability disclosure.
Key Skills and Competencies
• Confident and pro-active manner / mind-set
• Entrepreneurial attitude to developing business
• Strong desire to build relationships
• Attention to detail – must have a deep understanding of business processes and audit requirements - does not mind dealing with basic tasks
- Leading client engagement teams and in some instances working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Providing a high quality advisory service to our clients
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both new and existing clients as well as within KPMG
- Winning new business through marketing and sales activities
- Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership through written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences
- Contributing to the development of new products and services
- Sharing knowledge and experience and contributing to the development of the team
- Marketing and raising the profile of KPMG
- A willingness to undertake travel will be required on occasion
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate is expected to have experience of working in an Actuarial function or be a qualified actuary
- The capability to manage concurrent engagements and play a part in shaping and implementing KPMG's tailored solutions
- The ability to develop productive relationships that bring in business
- Strong technical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to deal with clients and senior personnel from day one
- Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups
- Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals
- Strong coaching skills to develop the capabilities of junior team members
- Experience gained within either a consultancy or company environment are both equally advantageous
- Curiosity and flexibility to new approaches
- Consulting experience
- Market exposure