Project Manager Permanent role Large Banking client London based
The PM role is a dynamic role and activities are determined to meet the requirements of business and implement change activities across the UK organisation. Predominantly the role will focus on change initiatives relating to the clients UK Branch but will also take responsibility for any over-arching change projects across the 3 UK Branches to include regulatory change.
The PM will be responsible for translating change initiatives related to the strategic goals of the Bank and the UK organisation and to align delivery of bank wide initiatives across the 3 UK branches. The PM is responsible for coherence of programs and managing any related budgets. The PM is a linking pin between IT and the business and is responsible for the implementation of Project Management and support. IT programme implementation and change will be led by the CTO team.
Interpersonal skills and leadership capability are paramount within this role as is great teamwork to deliver successful project conclusions.
- The PM will be responsible for delivering upon the change programme for the UK Branch as well as overarching UK projects.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Identify demands and requirements, nature and content of programme/project in conjunction with the business/function owner and/or Head Office.
- Advise on the need to carry out feasibility studies.
- Formulate the draft programme/project brief containing the project approach.
- Determine required resource, SME input, cost budget and timelines including critical path.
- Determine the project methodology to be used to deliver the project - Agile, Prince2 etc.
- Formulate a communication plan if required.
- Gain approval for the programme/project to commence through the Project Review Board
- Produce monthly updates on all programmes/projects for the Project Review Board and the sponsoring executive.
- Assesses project risks and the effectiveness of the control measures formulated and reset if necessary during the course of the project.
- Monitor programme/project progress and consult with the stakeholders and plan interventions if the desired progress of the project is not being realised.
- Meet regularly with the Manager, executive, project team and other stakeholders to discuss programme/project progress and solve any problems that have been encountered or are predicted..
- Comply with all relevant policies and processes, ensuring updates are made where necessary.
- Perform a Change Risk Assessment in line with the clients policy.
- Delivers a project closure / definition of done at the end of the project ensuring all documentation has been updated appropriately and a final detailed budget overview is available and approved by programme/project sponsor..
- Store all project documentation in a way that is clearly auditable and meets the requirements of the data retention policy.
- Undertakes a lesson learned process with all relevant stakeholders to inform the efficiency and delivery of subsequent programmes/projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of program & project management (Prince 2/Agile or other certified methodology), change management, business process management and relevant laws and regulations.
- Required employment experience / skills 4 - 5 years relevant project management experience in equivalent organisations
- Demonstrable ability to manage project budgets
- Have experience of a range of appropriate change / programme management methodologies, including exposure to governance, regulatory environment, controls and risk management.
- In-depth experience in the preparation of executive reporting and communication.
- Have in-depth knowledge and proven experience of working with the FCA/PRA and other regulatory bodies.
- Excellent command of the English Language with powerful written, verbal and face-to-face communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to build senior relationships both internally and externally.
- Highly effective stakeholder and communications skills, including a track record of influencing, consulting and collaborating successfully with a wide range of stakeholders from different businesses/disciplines, maintaining credible and trusting relationships.
- Show a high level of drive and commitment that the key aims and objectives of the role are achieved.
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area.
- Good credibility, trustworthiness, problem solving, task management and self-management competencies.
- Excellent team player with a strong focus on working together to achieve results.
- Focus on coaching & development of the project team members
- Comfortable with working in an environment of change, with flexible approach to new challenges.
- Ability to remain professional and calm even under pressure and frustration.