Project Manager - Capital Markets Manager
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:20 May 18
Business Analyst / Operations Change / Regulatory Change / EMIR / Dodd Frank / MIFID / Change / Transformation / Investment Banking / Consultant / STP / Trade Life Cycle / Reconciliation, Confirmations, Settlements, Corporate Actions, Asset Servicing, Trade Processing, Trade Capture, Trade Booking / BREXIT, Legal Entity, Booking Models,
Our Client a “big 4” consultancy firm has an urgent need for a Project Manager / Consultant to join their rapidly growing Capital Markets practice. The Capital Markets practice is a part of their client's successful Financial Services business which has grown significantly over the past year and remains on a strong growth trajectory.
- Business development support.
- Mentor and coach other members of the team.
- Develop and convert a pipeline of opportunities either through sell-on and/or new work.
- Assignment management and delivery. Formulate propositions and solutions that meet client requirements.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability.
- Project management (to include proven methodologies such as PRINCE II, MSP) and demonstrable client account management capabilities
- Proven ability to mentor and train Consultants.
- Solution development, showing a clear ability as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to enhance existing solutions, and develop new ones, with specific emphasis on Operations Transformation and Best Practice (including ‘Lean’ and Six Sigma).
- Team player with demonstrable people management skills.
Skills and Experience
- Consulting background with successful delivery track record working for Investment and/or wholesale banking clients. Key areas of interest include operating model analysis and design to support Operations consolidation and integration, business divestment and sourcing, new product/market strategies.
- In-depth understanding of the key industry, market and regulatory drivers shaping the industry and an ability to articulate these by way of client opportunities. Key areas of interest include OTC derivatives, Fixed Income and Equities, Cash and Collateral Management, Clearing and Settlement, all aspects of Operations Risk and associated risk mitigation.
- In-depth understanding of the pre and post trade transaction value chain together with an appreciation of the threats and opportunities presented by market and regulatory change agendas.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Strong interpersonal & written communication skills.