Project Manager - FM Regulatory Technology - MiFID II Programme
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Summary
- Manage the delivery of projects/programmes within the Regulatory Technology space with particular focus on the MiFID II regulatory requirements, covering delivery across multiple teams. Technology delivery to be closely managed, including dependencies (both upstream and downstream), to meet project priorities as defined through the respective project and programme governance.
- Delivery of the roadmap, for assigned projects, on schedule, on budget, and to the highest quality standards, to achieve compliance risk reduction.
- Manage relationships with relevant stakeholders on related projects, collaborating closely with them and their teams.
- Balance tactical deliveries with strategic - supporting business and compliance needs - with the longer-term strategic delivery in mind, and minimising technical debt.
People and Talent
- Define and manage Project plan including dependencies.
- CRAID Management and escalation as appropriate
- Ensuring adherence to Programme standards (e.g. progress reporting, risks and issues, change control, configuration management, etc.) across the Work Streams
- Manage dependencies between all impacted workstreams
- Proactively manage resourcing in team and on projects to support successful delivery.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Mentor and support members of the team
- Where applicable, set and monitor objectives for direct reports and provide feedback in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Foster good relationships with the Function Leads.
- Identify project and business risks, escalating to the Accountable Executive and Stream Leads (as appropriate) with strategies to mitigate that risk.
- Ensure all implementations mitigate risk where possible
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Play a lead role in the monthly Project steering committee meetings with senior stakeholders, to drive decision making
- Adhere to SCB Programme Management good practice and governance. High level definition of what that entails is:
- Headcount Oversight - ensuring that we understand the current position with regards to current headcount, planned hires, location strategy and general position on the shape and size of the teams.
- Management Reporting - assisting the project managers in the production of steering committee packs to ensure that project financials and headcount are accurately and consistently reported across the portfolio.
- Programme Governance - ensuring that the portfolio is consistently following the standards for project management and assisting junior project managers to come up the curve where appropriate.
- Vendor Management - maintain a register of vendors used across the portfolio and ensuring adherence to the vendor management policies of the Bank.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure Projects meet the requisite control points to pass internal audits
Our Ideal Candidate
- Accountable Executive for related projects/Programmes
- Global Head Regulatory Technology, Financial Markets
- Project and Programme Managers associated with MiFID II and related Projects/Programmes
- Technology development teams - upstream and downstream dependencies
- Project Steering Committee stakeholders - group and regional
- Key Functions involved in related projects, which can include any combination of: Legal, Compliance, Regulatory Affairs, Corporate Secretariat, Tax, Finance, Risk and Strategy
- Infrastructure teams across the Bank, including IT
This position requires:
- Over 5 years in Programme and Project Management in a Financial Markets Banking environment on large scale change programs or equivalent
- Experience working in a Financial Markets environment, facing senior FM stakeholders.
- Solid Financial Markets knowledge, encompassing products and trade life cycle. Knowledge of regulatory regimes, especially MIFID II would be highly beneficial
- Experience in the creation & management of Programmes and Projects
- Experience of Governance and Assurance Activities
- Thorough understanding of the Project Lifecycle
Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages