Project Manager - Pricing Implementation
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 17 Jan 19
We are looking to recruit a business facing Change Project manager within Global Banking IT at HSBC that will own, drive and be responsible for projects and streams within banking. This role specifically refers to the upcoming implementation of a Pricing platform within Debt Capital Markets.
This role will primarily require strong Project Management experience in implementing Capital Markets IT projects by utilising small to medium size IT solutions (end user, client/server, automated feeds and browser-based) in parallel. People management within all levels is essential. Front office primary markets experience is preferable.
- DCM Syndicate business need a simplified Pricing experience that allows Originators and Syndicate users to create, store & retrieve Issuer Pricing requests online, and publish pricing levels to clients directly via a digital platform
- Introduce a robust, reliable and production standard platform to manage and produce & publish Pricing Requests
- Eliminate the current excel based manual processes & reduce risk of human error causing breaks, data inconsistencies and operational risk.
- Create standardised Pricing platform and build auditable and retrievable repository of pricing instances.
- Produce and Publish Pricing Requests directly to clients via customisable and branded online templates.
- Introduce the necessary controls, audit trails and easily manageable data sharing restrictions
- Own detailed budgetary management within GPDM and AOP
- Liaise and report directly to the CM IT Programme Manager to highlight risks and issues and to ensure delivery status is reported.
This is a front office business facing role responsible for the following deliveries:
- Driving working groups to support prioritisation of work and drive through requirements/design deliverables.
- Facilitate and chair regular project meetings with IT and business
- Project planning with clearly identifiable milestones and deliverables to effectively manage project resources using group standards tools
- Management of on/off development staff to support delivery.
- Structured approach leading BA team in requirements definition and design validation by business (Agile )
- Rigorous management of off shore development and test team to develop high quality, resilient, tested code.
- Build and maintain effective senior stakeholder relationships across Banking IT
- Effectively manage all dependencies and interactions across associated and complimentary projects.
- Ensure timely and accurate project status reporting is provided to key stakeholders / sponsors
- Ensuring collaboration with the business and IT to produce clear and unambiguous business cases, terms of reference and business requirements.
- Scope and change management and the associated impact analysis.
- Ownership of functional enhancement dependencies.
- Ensuring development team prioritise development cycles
- Co-ordinate testing team in prioritising the test scripts and approach (definition of a test strategy)
- Review of incidents and their prioritisation
- Release management and planning
- Interaction with partner teams
- Mentoring other members in the department where appropriate
Experience required for the role:
- Previous Risk and P&L or pricing platform implementation
- Securities Pricing ( Pricing engine)
- Integration with Pricing platforms
- Front office Capital Markets experience
- Capital Markets Project implementation
- DCM Product knowledge
- Internal software development experience ( Agile )
- Professional qualifications in Agile, Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE Foundation, and/or PRINCE Practitioner
- Ability to engage with senior business stakeholders effectively and present at SteerCo meetings.
- Alignment and actively contribute effectively to our Pune based Development team to deliver on time.
- Excellent experience on global IT projects where rollout/adoption challenges have been overcome.
- The role requires someone with excellent influencing skills to work with the various IT and business parties across main hubs and local sites.
- Some hand on Business Analysis experience
- Planning of multiple project deliverables, good understanding of planning project milestones, dependencies and resource allocation.
- Management of financial budgets and production of both business and IT status reporting.
- Management of offshore development teams. Coordination of multiple regional teams.
- Complete formal knowledge and demonstrated application of the project life cycle, business cases, terms of reference, technical and functional specs, business requirements, manual and automated test strategies and training.
- Experience in delivering Business Process Re-engineering within a Front-Office function.
- A degree in a numerate business or IT focused subject (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Computer Sciences or MBA) with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Problem solving and analysing an issue\opportunity highly desirable.
- Ability to adopt a stream/piece of work and deliver to completion - tenacity to follow up on individuals/groups with project dependencies