Project Manager - Transfer Agency (Must have)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 Oct 18
HSBC Securities Services (HSS) provides comprehensive global, regional and domestic fund services including fund administration, global custody, corporate trust and loan agency and sub-custody settlement and services to the international asset management industry.
The purpose of this role is to manage the successful implementation of eCommerce web services solutions in line with the Digital & Data Product strategy. This is an area of strategic investment for HSS and will look at building out and enhancing the current HSBCNet portal solutions, plus API and mobile offerings, with collaboration within HSS with Product, IT and other functions, plus outside HSS with Group digital intiatives, vendors, and clients.
The BPM will plan, scope and deliver projects to meet the desired strategic direction while adhering to quality, cost, resourcing and time-scale milestones.
- Creating of project Initiation materials including Terms of Reference, Business Case, Investment Summary.
- Define detailed internal and external client driven milestones and deliverables.
- Project resource, Risk and Issues and Dependency management, and Change Control management.
- Appropriate planning of testing, user training, documentation, migrations and client on-boarding.
- Functional requirement oversight including Requirements sign off and prioritisation.
- Software vendor functional evaluation/PoC.
- Overall budget creation, submission, tracking and ownership.
- Client and Business Data requirements including retention and reporting requirements.
- Operational service level requirements (e.g. system availability).
- Production support hand-over requirements.
- Ensure requirements fit with agreed Global Operating model.
- Oversee the implementation of the business project on a daily basis with regard time, budget and quality.
- Line management & Matrix management of global business analysts and offshore project resources.
- Business organisation change agreement.
- Oversee User training - systems and procedures Vendor and Outsourced.
Communication & Stakeholder Management
- This is a client-facing delivery role, extensive liaison with external clients and suppliers.
- Market contact & co-ordination (e.g. client notification and involvement in testing if appropriate).
- External e.g. client and regulator liaison and communication if appropriate.
- Project Working Group and Project Steering Group chairing.
- Document and manage meeting minutes and actions from Project Working Groups.
Testing and Development Oversight of:
- Business and data rules, user profiles and test cases.
- Regression, functional testing, SIT and Business UAT.
- Initial quality assurance of solutions delivered into UAT.
- Test migration and fall-back from a business resumption perspective.
Migration and Live Running
- Risk analysis for business migration and liaison with Operation Risk and Control (ORC).
- Success criteria checklist and issues management for live implementation.
- Business Readiness sign-off - including satisfactory new procedures, user training and documentation etc.
- Coordination and management of (weekend) system release implementations.
- Central point of coordination and management for all post implementation issue management.
- Post Implementation Review (PIR) questionnaire and associated actions.
Desirable to have appreciation of the following subject matter:
- Digital / eCommerce solutions
- Agile project management
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Proven track record that can be demonstrated in delivering complex, cross organisational / geographical business and IT change within the Securities industry.
- Recognised project management qualification e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner, PMP, Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner.
- Extensive experience in the Finance and Banking industry environment (e.g. Asset Mgr., Hedge Fund, Fund Administrator, Brokerage house, Custodian etc.) with project management experience.
- Strong product awareness of the Securities Services industry, especially Global & Sub-Custody and Fund Administration.
- Must have good, structured analytical skills.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of both Waterfall and Agile practices. Experience of Agile delivery and adoption of Agile practices is a distinct advantage.
- Must have a good understanding of the Subject Matter relating to Funds trade processing and Investment Accounting solutions.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and software development is valuable in this role.
- The role will have a high business content and will naturally involve considerable exposure to global business users as well as IT analysts so the BPM must have pertinent product knowledge. In addition, the role will need to work with any Vendor's project resources, HSBC IT development and support teams.
- Strong inter-personal, communication and leadership skills.
- Must be capable of producing clear, unambiguous status reports, writing detailed reports, minutes and actions, making presentations to internal and client audiences, and interacting positively with IT and business management, users, vendors and HSS Group PMO.
- Must be able to work independently. Must have strong process re-engineering and problem solving skills, and be self-directed.
- Experience with Agile toolsets eg; Atlassian stack, JIRA, Confluence, Zephyr.