Project Manager, Controllers - GAO - FP&A, VP
Drive end-to-end program/project management activities for a portfolio of projects aligning to Global Accounting Office, Controllers and / FP&A business areas. Primary objectives of this role are to plan the project activities and drive delivery and post-deploy support in order to achieve the target business outcomes while helping ensure project costs, timeliness and resourcing are aligned. Duties
- Program/Project Management - including the pre-execution phase of planning with our business and technology partners
- Issue Identification and Resolution - proactive and prompt identification, resolution and where necessary, escalation of critical issues impacting the program/project.
- Detailed understanding of Financial Industry and / or State Street financial processes inclusive of period-end close, P&L creation, Client Profitability and accounting control functions.
- Financial Management - ownership for the planning/definition of the financials required to deliver program/project work. This ownership includes forecast management and working with the business to ensure project spend is optimized.
- Establish Program/Project Management Office capabilities that help influence visibility and transparency of program/project outcomes, risks, issues and challenges.
- Communications with Senior Leaders - candidate must be able to communicate to senior level leaders
- Influence Management - candidate must be able to collaborate with key stakeholders to influence decisions in a timely manner.
- Drive to deliver on-time, on-benefit results
Additionally, the candidate may be asked to:
- Lead internal FRIBS work to strengthen our program/project management and risk management capabilities for the full team. This will require idea management and moving an idea into a framework into execution by our FRIBS team.
- Maintain strong risk management practices inclusive of risk identification (self-identified) and risk remediation.
- Manage/own end-to-end ownership responsibilities for internal FRIBS initiatives and support of our improvements to our standardized program/project management methodology.
- Align to our core values and leadership principles
- Value continuous learning and skill-building
- Passionate about working in teams and strengthening team effectiveness, camaraderie and output.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven multi years experience developing and delivering end user systems and process training
- Ability to influence in a matrixed environment and drive results for senior business leaders
- Ability to translate complex topics into simplified training material suitable for business end users
- Preference for experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, risk, treasury
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Strong sensitivity and work experience dealing with global audiences
- Ability to drive consensus across multiple subject matter experts
- Polished and professional
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple priorities