- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Mar 19
Project Manager # 123470
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
This is an opportunity to work with the Semantic Technologies, Analytics and Machine Intelligence group (SAMI), a group at Credit Suisse responsible for supporting Big Data initiatives across the firm.
The group has 4 main focus areas: Semantic Technology, Machine Intelligence & Accelerated Computing, eCommunications Surveillance, and Big Data Platform Engineering and Services. We are looking for a Project Manager to manage the book of work across all focus areas to ensure the coordinated and targeted delivery of this multi-stream book of work. This role will partner with the four focus area managers. The Project Manager will be part of a project management team responsible for handling delivery within SAMI, working with the SAMI global team supporting the long-term SAMI strategy plan.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Horizontal, service-based culture - SAMI is a horizontal service within the Bank. Therefore, this role heavily relies on your ability to partner across the bank's many functions, both with business users and IT application owners. In addition, software development solutions and practices need to reflect the awareness of a service based and component-based architecture. Successful delivery will reflect this philosophy, and therefore an individual with a background in this practice will be most successful.
- Governance and Project Management - You will have experience working within a structured governance framework and interacting with multiple stakeholders. Experience with and knowledge of the Program & Project Management discipline is also required.
- Influencing and negotiating - This role will at times require balancing across contending or conflicting priorities; you should be comfortable with negotiating and handling conflict.
- Communication - She / he will be a fluent communicator, able to craft and deliver information at an executive, detailed, and technical level, depending on the audience. Your strong interpersonal skills, multi-tasking and time management skills will enable you to quickly gain trust and build up solid working relationships.
- Technical background - should have experience with database technologies, ETL, and MDM solutions; familiarity with Workflow, Rules Engine, and automated testing utilities; exposure to data security and encryption, search tools, and Natural Language Processing utilities; familiarity with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies. Experience working with Big Data - Hadoop would be a plus.
- Production Support - Delivering software that contains sufficient diagnostic features, to enable easy integration into our production support suite is a basic requirement. You will partner with our production support and testing organizations to enable their roles within our application landscape.
- Compliance - You should espouse and exemplify a strong culture of controls and compliance, and lead their team to maintain this standard in all their activities.
- Budget management -- The successful individual should have experience in running program and project budgets that cover all expenses. In addition, you will be expected to efficiently look after the costs of hardware platforms.
For more information visit Technology Careers .