Project Portfolio Manager
- Competitive salary plus bonus and comprehensive benefits package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Nov 17 2017-11-06
The Project Portfolio Manager will lead, manage and maintain a portfolio of projects and initiatives for Cargill's Risk Management Group (RMG) This position ensures that all projects are prioritised, planned, tracked and delivered in- line with Cargill's requirements and that internal and external business and Global I.T. resources are assigned, held accountable and managed to a high standard of delivery. Defining and communicating solid business cases aligned to RMG’s strategic vision, and measurement and communication using systematic reporting, operational dashboards and metrics for all projects and the overall RMG project portfolio, are also an important part of this role.
Project Portfolio Manager
Competitive salary plus bonus and comprehensive benefits package
Cargill’s Risk Management Group (RMG) places a critical role in enabling Cargill’s trading and risk management capability, strengthening our risk culture and leading on the following;
- Preserve value through pre-emptive identification of risk and by bringing a holistic perspective of market risk to improve risk estimation
- Evolve Cargill’s risk-reward mind-set and enhance earnings through unique and timely risk insights
- Partner with the businesses and functions and deliver best-in-class risk expertise
- Provide meaningful portfolio visibility to support an integrated operating approach
- Attract and develop top talent for Cargill
The RMG is an integrated organisation made up of three teams: Enterprise Risk, Risk Measurements CoE and Risk Operations and Execution (RO&E).
The RO&E team is a centralized team that creates cohesion throughout the RMG through their ownership of end to end transaction flows as they pertain to derivatives and market risk management. Specifically derivatives execution, clearing and related external relationships; derivatives middle office operations for all Cargill businesses; deployment of technology and digitalization and management of special projects.
The RO&E Project Portfolio Manager will lead, manage and maintain a portfolio of projects and initiatives for RMG. This position ensures that all projects are prioritised, planned, tracked and delivered in- line with RO&E’s requirements and that internal and external business and Global I.T. resources are assigned, held accountable and managed to a high standard of delivery. Defining and communicating solid business cases aligned to RMG’s strategic vision, and measurement and communication using systematic reporting, operational dashboards and metrics for all projects and the overall RMG project portfolio, are also an important part of this role.
This position requires the ability to effectively collaborate with external and internal business and technology stakeholders at all levels, partner with Global I.T./vendors whilst holding them accountable and working with all three RMG teams to drive business value for RMG. The partnership between this position and the RO&E Data Scientist role will be critical for successful project implementation.
- Lead project business cases, requirements and implementation for RMG in market risk management and derivatives
- Define and deliver business cases and gain senior stakeholder approval and engagement
- Manage and maintain portfolio of all RMG business and technical projects, initiatives and enhancements.
- Prioritises, tracks, reports and effectively communicates existing and pending portfolio of projects through systematic reporting, operational dashboards and metrics
- Support RO&E’s planning and forecasting process
- Accountable for tactical and strategic RMG project delivery in- line with industry best practice and Cargill standards
- Plan and deliver projects on budget, on time and within managed scope
- Ensure internal and external business and Global I.T. project resources are assigned, held accountable for all project milestones and tasks, and managed to a high standard of delivery
- Responsible for business requirements, functional specifications, support procedures, materials for communication, business continuity and disaster recovery as part of project delivery
- Ensure sound procedures, system and integrations testing and support for all solutions are implemented
- Responsible for the systematic reporting, operational dashboards and metrics for projects
- Hold Global I.T., Global I.T. Business Relationship Manager and external vendors accountable for best in class project and operational support
- Drive continuous improvement by planning and implementing technical enhancements and upgrades on all technology, always advancing RMG to best in class
- Build strong collaborative relationships with RMG teams, Global I.T. and internal/external stakeholders at all levels to maximize strategic value for RMG
- Partner effectively with Global I.T. and the RO&E Data Scientist to deliver projects
- Lead, motivate, coach and manage multi-functional teams to achieve objectives
- A degree in project management, business related subjects or equivalent
- Proven project portfolio management experience in financial services, including excellent portfolio and project delivery processes
- Experience within a derivatives and/or market risk management environment - preferred
- Strong individual initiative and drive, with the ability to effectively influence and deliver business cases and gain senior stakeholder approval and engagement
- Experience collaborating with regional teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
- Strong practical project delivery experience in business process design across integrated platforms involving process, data and technology
- Demonstrated leadership skills, change management skills and proven track record of delivering objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively influence at all levels of the organisation
- Exceptional written skills with good attention to detail and the ability to write business requirements, functional specifications and develop materials for communication
- Strong organisational skills, multi-tasking and project planning skills with the ability to pro-actively prioritise and consistently execute at a high standard
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new business opportunities and technology
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrates sound judgement, logic and decisiveness
- Strong internal controls orientation
- Ability to operate in a complex trading environment
- Good experience in leading, motivating, coaching and managing multi-functional teams
- Global travel will be required, up to 20%
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the world’s leading companies.