Who we're looking for
This role provides broad exposure to a variety of costing processes and therefore requires someone who is able to work flexibly. The successful candidate will be working with a variety of teams within Finance and the wider business, and therefore good communication skills coupled with an analytical mind will be essential.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018, located close to our clients in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role as well as a modern working environment with onsite health and wellbeing amenities.
The Cost Accounting team are responsible for processing, reconciling and reporting all elements of costs and related balance sheet accounts within the Group ledgers. Reporting to the Costing Team Leader, the successful candidate will assist with all aspects of project accounting with a focus on process improvements.
What you'll do
• Key point of contact for Project Managers, providing accurate and timely information
• Liaise with Project Managers to fully understand projects, advise on capitalisation eligibility and be a key contact to feeding into project business cases overseen by the Project Management Office
• Produce detailed project reporting and commentary, with supporting MI of project timesheet data
• Lead process enhancement in relation to project recharges, capitalisation and project procurement process
• Maintain the integrity of the project reporting data
• Perform associated balance sheet reconciliations
• Key involvement in the annual budgeting process
• Ensure risk management via maintenance of documented procedures
• Ad hoc project work
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Keen problem solver with a technical and operational mind-set.
• Experienced in providing business support to stakeholders
• Confident communicator capable of explaining complex processes to users with and without finance backgrounds
• Self starter able to work independently and deliver change on a timely basis
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong IT skills including Excel, with Oracle and HFM experience an advantage.
• Have a team focus and be adaptable and willing to learn
• Deadline focussed
• Diligent, accurate and aware of control environment
• Responsive to ad-hoc queries
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Demonstrable experience in a professional and corporate environment
• A Qualified or equivalent Accountant
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.