Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
Reporting to the ACS Fund Manager. Undertaking property management work across the ACS investment portfolio with a view to enhancing value for the benefit of shareholders/policyholders and mitigating risk.
The aim is to deliver consistent long-term performance and meet the strategic objectives of the fund in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures and guidelines.
Responsibility for Health & Safety compliance for the fund properties.
What you'll do
• Undertake property management across a designated portfolio of properties in a proactive manner with the aim of preserving and enhancing asset value. Management must positively contribute to the delivery of consistent long term out performance of the properties. To keep the ACS Fund Manager informed on all property management issues affecting the funds. Instruction and oversight of Managing Agents in relation to multi-let properties. Direct management of single –let FRI properties. Approval and management of tenants’ alterations applications as necessary.
• Compliance with the investment and corporate property Health & Safety programme and advising the department and Fund/Asset Managers accordingly.
• Assist with the implementation of asset strategies in line with strategic investment objectives. Identify opportunities to create additional asset value through inspections and communication with tenants and managing agents.
• Maintain accurate internal data records and processes to the highest standard together with internal reporting as necessary.
• Ensure compliance with the Funds ESG and sustainability objectives.
• Insurance management for the fund properties including claims.
• Continue own development in line with team, department and divisional objectives.
• Primarily responsible for all aspects of the ACS Funds property management including compliance with statutory requirements, lease obligations and fund objectives.
• Responsible for Health and Safety compliance for the fund properties.
• Accountable for effective financial management of service charge and other property expenditure.
• To ensure the funds ESG and Sustainability goals are achieved.
Who you are
• Significant experience of property management in the context of both property investors and occupiers.
• Experience and skill base required in relation to service charge management, alteration approval, sustainability and property insurance.
• Health and Safety management experience desirable.
• Experience of both in-house property management and outsourced managing agents preferable.
• Strong analytical skills and creative problem solver.
• Ability to work independently whilst developing both internal and external relationships.
• Good understanding and ability to manage internal procedures and regulatory processes relating to the management of property.
• Graduate Level
• Professional qualification (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – MRICS)
• IOSH Managing Safely or similar Health and Safety Qualification is preferable
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences