Prudent Valuations Analyst
- Up to GBP450.00 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
We are looking for an experienced Prudent Valuations Analyst to join the Product Control Valuation team. The Valuations team is part of Global Product Control.
The Role is within the European Product Control Valuations team. The Valuations team is responsible for Independent Price Verification (IPV), Fair Value Adjustments (FVA) and Prudent Valuation Adjustments (PVA) in Paris and London.
- Lead Analyst for a key regulatory project in Prudent Valuation
- Liaise with all the Managers within PC Valuation cross asset in order to provide them with the support they need
- Liaise with the Global Head of Valuation Risk to understand his needs and help him with PRA requirements
- Liaise with key stakeholders in Front Office, Risk and Finance in order to drive projects forward
- Work closely with Independent Model Review team to deliver very good understanding of the Valuation models and very good understanding of the reviews on Valuation models
- Work to deliver product control objectives on quality, efficiency, adaptability and sustainability through streamlining the processes across London, Paris and Krakow.
- Provide cover for some of the Valuation Control team members
- Contribute to internal projects to streamline and automate production
- Preparation of appropriate Management Information for the tracking workstreams progress
- Build relationships with key stakeholders including other Product Control Functions, IT, Front Office, Group Finance, Market Risk Management and Credit Risk Management.
Masters graduate with experience in Product Control.
Demonstrable track record in top-tier global bank.
Experience of managing Product Control or Financial Process based activities.
Experience in driving automations and streamlining.
Derivative knowledge in all asset classes.
Good understanding and appreciation of Regulatory requirements and guidelines for Valuation activity.
Proven experience in a field requiring numerical proficiency.
Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments.
Experience of interacting with internal and external stakeholder groups (Business, Risk, Internal and External Audit, Compliance, Regulators).
Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to articulate key valuation issues to Senior Stakeholders in a non-technical manner.
Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of seniority through collaboration and influencing skills.
Ability to work independently
Very organised and able to act as project manager
Strong Analytical background.
Strong interpersonal, leadership and management ability.