A fantastic opportunity to join the Prudential team of one of the big 4 consultancies. Whilst this is advertised for a Senior Manager, there is also a need for Senior Associate and Manager level candidates for the Prudential team.
The prudential regulatory regime continues to evolve with developments such as CRDV and ‘Basel IV’ as well as in recovery and resolution planning, creating continued demands on the Regulatory, Risk and Finance teams in banks and investment firms. This, coupled with increased supervisory scrutiny over ongoing compliance (e.g. Skilled Persons Reports and the Senior Managers Regime) has presented challenges for firms both for ongoing compliance and also from a more strategic perspective. Firms need technical and practical advice on how to adapt to these changes and assess the impact of the wider prudential reform agenda whilst meeting ‘business as usual’ regulatory expectations.
We are looking for candidates who have detailed regulatory technical knowledge and experience, including the associated technical rules and guidance, in one of the following:
- Credit, counterparty credit and / or market risk regulatory capital requirements. This may also include the associated regulatory reporting (e.g. PRA and COREP returns); or
- Recovery and resolution planning.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being a member of and leading teams on large and small engagements - working as part of a project team on client sites and day-to-day liaison with clients
- Identifying the impact of prudential regulatory change and supporting clients to adapt to the challenges a new regulatory landscape presents
- Working on projects relating to various components of credit, counterparty credit and/or market risk or recovery and resolution planning including regulatory reporting and associated governance and controls, risk management frameworks, policies and procedures, risk measurement, monitoring and reporting
- Providing prudential SME technical support to firms going through the authorisation process by preparing and/or reviewing and challenging prudential risk information
- Preparing regulatory analysis and reports
- Supporting reviews of clients’ compliance with credit, counterparty credit and/or market risk requirements, including associated regulatory reporting, or recovery and resolution planning requirements
- Supporting senior team members through the development of marketing and sales activities
- Relationship building and networking with clients and internally
- Providing input to the debate on development and application of regulation
The essential skills we are looking for are:
- Educated to degree level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good numerical skills.
- Knowledge and experience of at least one of retail, commercial, wholesale and/or investment banking sectors.
- At least eight to ten years’ experience in financial services prudential requirements. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered at the Manager level.
- Strong relationship management skills as well as experience in project management and/or managing teams.
- Experience of problem solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions tailored to a client’s needs.
The technical skills we are looking for are specific to credit, counterparty credit and/or market risk and recovery and resolution planning. We need individuals with skills in a combination of the following:
- Detailed understanding of the overall credit and/or counterparty credit risk management lifecycle and associated credit/counterparty credit risk and the policies, procedures and strategies employed to manage this risk.
- Detailed understanding of trading books and market risk requirements and the policies, procedures and strategies to manage this risk.
- Deep technical experience and expertise in existing and future regulation in relation to credit, counterparty credit and/or market risk
- Hands-on experience of IRB, SA-CCR, IMM and VaR
- Practical experience of the application of the credit, counterparty credit and/or market risk
- Good understanding of credit and market risk modelling, stress testing and IFRS 9
- Good understanding of the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive, the applicable Regulatory Technical Standards, and as implemented in the UK.