This is an exciting opportunity to work with a top tier asset management firm to help design and deliver marketing and product analytics solutions. You will need to be an experienced developer who can understand business drivers and deliver improved functionality into the production environment. This is a visible role - interfacing with business scientists, analytics teams and product strategy functions.
It is expected you have strong data engineering and development experience with Python, Spark/Hive/Hadoop in a cloud environment and know how data requirements need to be managed with data scientists teams. You will also need to work with users to capture technology requirements which can be delivered in an agile environment. You will be experienced in working with solution architects to ensure that standards are adhered to and plans are delivered against effectively.
- knowledge of the Linux environment
- Experience in building complex data pipelines/ETL/ELT scripts
- Understanding best practices of data modelling, interface design, code development, and testing, with the ability to apply these principles in real-world dev environments.
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions, especially for analytical work.
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
- Experience of SQL Server; data modelling, warehousing and SSIS
- Knowledge and experience of data visualisation tooling, preferably Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop
- Knowledge in unit testing framework (NUnit, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Karma) and mocking frameworks.
- AWS or Azure certification