I'm working with an asset management firm who pride themselves at sitting at the intersection of finance and technology, being small enough to update their tech stacks and provide market leading salaries and bonuses.
They're looking for a Front Office Python Engineer to join their team to work on the data heavy software which enables them to drive investment processes. You would be developing data pipelines, and also required to leverage cloud techologies for cloud native software development.
• Required practical skills with Python and preferably C# as well
• Experience with at least one database
• Proficient building systems using modern engineering best practices: CI/CD, gitflow, 12-factor, code-first
• Comfortable with cloud platforms, preferably AWS, with experience of developing cloud-natively : microservices, stateless architecture, data object stores, containers, event-based triggers, queues, stream processing, etc.
• Data Engineering/Big Data experience – data pipelines: ingest, clean, transform, store, presentation
• Preferably have experience building web based UIs, preferred using the React framework
• Ability to design robust systems with end-to-end ownership of project deliveries
• Front office commodities experience, preferably energy (power, gas, coal, oil)
My client are able to offer extremely competitive packages, with bonuses usually clearing 30%. If this sounds of interest to you, please get in contact with Jake Stacey @ Westbourne Partners.