Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world’s leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients’ recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our investment banking client has been present in the UK for more than 150 years, they’re a long-term partner to British business. Today, the Group is formed of 10 divisions and employs 9,300 staff based in 21 core locations right across the country. Their role is simply stated: help clients achieve their goals by combining local know-how and global reach. In so doing, they seek to make a positive, sustainable contribution to both the UK economy and society.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Python Developer for a 6 month contract based in London.
Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a Python Developer responsible for construction of application components and scripting to manage the transformation of data between upstream and the Risk System data warehouse. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and efficient interaction with the data warehouse and the calculation services. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential. A competent level of understanding of SQL and database technologies is necessary as well.
As a Python Developer you will be responsible for:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Python code
- Rapidly prototyping solutions to quickly prove/disprove new concepts
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Work directly with Risk analysts and Product owners to turn functional requirements into efficient and maintainable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Integration with a variety of data storage solutions
What we require from the candidate:
- Demonstrable ability to incrementally deliver server side applications to meet dynamic customer requirements
- Proficient in Python, with a good knowledge of its ecosystem
- Previous Investment Banking domain experience
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and functional programming paradigms
- Familiar with Python application design and architectural patterns
- Demonstrable ability to write clean and readable code
- Experience with SQL and any industry standard relational database.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- A broad understanding of financial products across all asset classes would be highly beneficial. Data or Risk Management related business analysis experience is preferred
- Exposure to Java and/or Jython development would also be highly desirable
This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business