Python Front Office Developer
Who we're looking for
We require a passionate Python technologist to work within the Multi Asset Quantitative Technology team who support the quantitative investment business, with ~£28bn assets under management. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role. The team
The team is made up of likeminded technologists, with a variety of skill sets, focused on building best of breed analytical tools for processes such as portfolio construction, optimisation and performance attribution using modern, appropriate technologies. The team are currently focused on delivering a first class data and analytical platform to collect and structure market data sets and provide data quality checking tools, to support the growing Systematic Investments business.
The team are located on-desk, where there's a strong collaboration with the quantitative analysts and portfolio managers for both research and production activities. The candidate should ideally have a good understanding of asset management and financial markets, though the primary focus will be on development.
The successful candidate would also be responsible for identifying and promoting best practice for enterprise Python development at Schroders and developing the skills of those around them. What you'll do
• Deliver a first class data and analytics platform to support investment decision making and quantitative research
• Refinement of the existing investment and research platform in response to business needs
• Work with the Quant team to adopt Python and transition the current systematic models over to the new platform
• Work with the wider Multi Asset investment and research teams to identify opportunities for optimisation and automation
• Coach and develop more junior team members, ensuring that best practices and methodologies are followed The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Very good knowledge of Python 3 in an enterprise environment, including packages such as Pandas, NumPy and Flask
• Proficiency in Bash scripting and a good knowledge of the Linux environment
• Experience with both SQL and NoSQL database platforms
• Experience using Docker would be advantageous
• Experience in web technologies would also be useful
• Delivery focussed with an ability to own a piece of work from start to finish
• Ability to understand various data structures and common data transformation methodologies
• Ability to work using Agile methodologies and tools including Scrum, git and Continuous Delivery
• Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age. Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.