Python Software Engineer - Rates Athena
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
Python Software Engineer - Rates Athena
The Rates business serves the investment and risk management needs of institutional clients across the world (such as pension funds, insurance companies and banks) as a dealer in government bonds and interest rate derivatives. It also supports most governments need to raise money for public services and investment by acting as a primary dealer and market maker in government debt.
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. Python is used for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
The Rates Athena team is extending the firm's strategic Athena platform for Interest Rate Derivatives businesses globally - from New York, London and Tokyo to Sydney and Lima - to provide intraday real time risk & position management, transaction management, and back office integration. The team follows agile practices, adapted to intra-day Continuous Deployment, and supported by regular retrospectives.
The components built by this team range from front end trading GUIs to server side components written in reactive programming paradigm, with responsibilities include pricing, trade capture, sales workflows, position & risk management, profit and loss calculation, trade lifecycle management and integration with internal systems responsible for settlement, financing, risk aggregation and regulatory reporting.
The candidate will join as a developer on the Athena Swaps Migration team based in London.
- Developers proud of their code and ability to get things done needed to build global risk & transaction management system for Interest Rate Derivatives on a Python with a NoSql database platform using a fully automatic test and continuous deployment tool-chain. If you want to put your Python skills to great use, or move on from Java/C++/C#/Perl/Ruby, then this could be the role for you.
- Object oriented analysis and development
- Interpersonal skills for effective working in a globally distributed team
- Automated unit testing, refactoring
- Continuous Integration
- NoSql databases, e.g. Cassandra, BigTable
- SQL and relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- XML and related technologies ( XML Schema, XPath )
- Message oriented middleware ( e.g. MQSeries )
- Socket programming
- Automated Acceptance Testing / Specification By Example / BDD
- Graph-oriented programming
- Memory and CPU profiling
- Reactive Programming / Complex Event Processing
- Desirable Business Knowledge:
- Product knowledge of Interest Rate Derivatives & Fixed Income Securities
- Electronic trading markets and protocols ( e.g. FIX )
- Pricing and Risk analytics, PnL calculation
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran