EC1 Partners are working closely with a global Financial Services leader who provide in-depth analysis and insight into market conditions and trends. Our client are in search for QA Tester to join their data team. You will be working on a new catalogue system called Data Hub which is built on Data Lake and Amazon S3 technology stack that is primarily written in C#.
- Execute manual and automated testing of systems.
- Develop new and maintain automated tests in C# including tests built around the developers integration code and document these into a test management system/Confluence.
- Work with the Business Analysts (BA) and translate the requirements into test cases.
- Provide feedback to development and BA’s to ensure the development is in line with testing capacity and standards.
- Ensure best practises and judgement are used to ensure integrity and stability of any code delivered to LIVE is fit for purpose.
- Liaise with the management on all aspects of testing.
- Provide team feedback to the management.
- Ensure knowledge base is kept up to date.
- On occasions to assist the Voice Trading team with QA and technical assistance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Service oriented, adaptable and resilient.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to articulate problems with a mind-set of simplifying, automating and challenging decisions/goals/objectives.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, client service orientation and Resilience.
- Good team player with a positive attitude.
- Conscientious, self-motivated and goal orientated.
- Self-starter, able to work alone as well as part of larger team to extract out key requirements to start foundations of QA.
- Testing with a data rich environment.
- Fluent in writing C# tests.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Python scripting.
- Proficient in using source control e.g. GIT.
- Able to use JQL in JIRA to create JIRA filters or construct queries in TFS.