QA Automation Tester
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
QA Automation Tester
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Electronic Trading Technology (ETT)
The Electronic Trading Technology (ETT) team support the Electronic Trading business in the Global Markets and Investment Banking Group. The team provides innovative solutions for low touch trading, which includes FIX connectivity, low latency market connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading and internal crossing.
The ETT team is a global team with a solid presence in every region (AMRS, EMEA and APR). We aim to maintain a global perspective while recognizing and responding to specific regional requirements that make each market unique.
The EMEA Electronic Trading Technology team is a vibrant team of experienced developers, business analysts, program managers and QA experts. The team is responsible for providing European specific functionality for Electronic Trading products as well as contributing to the global platform.
The Global ETT team supports an existing fully featured Electronic Trading product set and is also looking to build the next generation Electronic Trading platform. The next generation program is a sizeable investment in ensuring that the business is ready for handling higher volumes of market data and customer flow efficiently.
As QA Automation Tester your main responsibilities will involve:
- The role is to work in the quality assurance DMA/Exchange Connectivity area within ETT and assist in the front to back testing of associated applications
- The role will require working with the business users, development, analysts and support teams to assist in the delivery of enhancements
- Day to day responsibilities will include defining and writing test scripts, test plans and playing a vital part in requirements, planning and estimating meetings
- Carrying out functional and regression testing and building and maintaining relationships with clients both internal and external to ETT
- Operating with primary focus on EMEA system development & enhancement, but also working closely with the Global ETT team
As QA Automation Tester your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven experience of Test Automation and experience of setting up automation test frameworks for new projects
- Electronic Trading Technology experience preferred
- Experience of the development of repeatable test suites for testing F2B processes
- Practical experience of QA testing within investment banking
- Knowledge of Capital Markets, Equities and Derivatives, especially in relation to low latency offerings (DMA & DSA)
- Python skills or experience with another programming language such as Java and a willingness to learn Python
- Efficient with UNIX, experience with Linux, PERL and shell scripting experience
- Detailed knowledge of the FIX protocol and binary protocols
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Enthusiastic person able to work closely with the development team and help instil a testing culture
- Solid team, communication and planning/organising skills. Good relationship building skills
- Strategic Thinking: Business knowledge, Innovation & Creativity
- Business Results: Client relationships, Analytical ability, Execution
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication, decisiveness, Energy & drive, courage, character
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.