QA Engineer, Product Enabled Services, Consulting, London
Areyou naturally curious about the world and making software products better? OurProducts and Solutions teams are. We make use of the deep heritage of Deloitteand the amazing Intellectual Property within the firm to challenge the old andinfluence what is yet to happen. We design and build technology assets that areincubated with our consulting teams. These products solve some of our clients'most complex challenges, sometimes in a swift and radical way, through theagility of a start-up with strong backup from the consulting business. Yourrole
As a QA Engineer, in one of our engineering teams currently building andmaintaining one of our products, you will:
• Be a key member ofthe team that owns the end-to-end delivery of quality functionality intoProduction. We are big on Continuous Delivery, Automated Testing and DevOps.
• Be a champion for practicalways to ensure quality in the product. We believe quality should be baked intoevery step of the process from development to release and beyond.
• Based on theproduct maturity and team velocity, you will select appropriate testingapproaches, balancing speed to market with risk of delivery. We don't believein ivory towers.
• Be comfortablerolling up your sleeves, help setting up test frameworks for automated testingand conducting exploratory testing where necessary. Every team member is abuilder and a maker.
• Be a key part ofthe product feedback loop, working closely with our customer success team andimplementation consultants to understand any customer issues and ensuring thelearning from this is fed back into our product development process. Our teamsare expected to build it, own it and run it.
Ourproducts are data driven and utilise machine learning and simulationengineering. They help humans make great decisions, so need to have a greatuser experience and quality beyond what the user sees. This role offers theopportunity to work across a breadth of technologies, being applied tointeresting problems by a multidisciplinary team. Your professionalexperience
• You have worked aspart of an agile development team delivering complex products to multiplecustomers
• You have a solidunderstanding of testing methodologies for both functional and non-functionaltesting
• You are keen toextend your skillset in the craft of software testing
• You have solid experiencewith test automation
• You can find waysto make quality a practical reality while other team members may be focused onother priorities
• You invest in yourown development by staying up to date on technology changes and testingapproaches. You have a broad awareness of wider technology trends Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
• We live our purpose:
we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent:
we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance:
we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters:
we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction:
we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction. Ref: RTWPROG BAPROD
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176548