QA Test Engineer - Behavior / BDD Testing - City Trading FinTech
- High, commensurate with experience + equity
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Excelsior Search
- 19 Feb 19
Great career opportunity for exceptionally talented software development BDD QA Test Engineer, with an exciting high growth disruptive FinTech firm for the financial markets.
This exciting FinTech company specialises in high performance trading systems for the financial markets, and are currently developing their next generation of artificial intelligence applications for traders to use. Very innovative and dynamic international FinTech firm, expanding their software engineering team in the City of London with a new QA/ testing team for their new to market AI solutions being rolled out over the next few years.
This QA role is the 2nd team hire (after a recently hired Test Lead), so besides the task in hand of assessing software quality through automated and ultimately manual testing for new trading applications in an agile environment, there's the chance to contribute to designing and building the function from ground up. Given the high-performance nature of these securities trading applications, responsibility for finding and reporting bugs and glitches will of course be critical. You will executing various tests, smoke, regression and exploratory, in addition to developing and deploying browser acceptance tests, API tests and BDD tests etc.
Appropriate applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- Understanding of test driven development and continuous delivery within an agile environment.
- Experience writing automated tests and manual testing.
- Solid BDD (behavior driven development) experience.
- Proficient in Restful API automated testing.
- Experience using Selenium Webdriver.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Proactive and wanting to contribute to a growing FinTech operation.
This really is a first class opportunity for a QA Test Engineer to develop a career in the exciting and high value FinTech sector working with smart like-minded people, building leading-edge high performance trading applications for the financial markets.
Remuneration: High, commensurate with experience + equity
Keywords: Test Engineer, QA Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Analyst, QA Automation Engineer, automated testing, manual testing, BDD, behavior driven development, Selenium Webdriver, Restful API, trading, financial markets, traders, artificial intelligence, city of London, FinTech